Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

April 16th, 2019 23:00

Laptop crashed for the 5th time in time span of one year

Hi. I had purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series in February, 2018 and this is the 5th time I'm sitting in front of a blank screen because it has crashed AGAIN. In a span of one year, this is the 5th time this laptop is crashing and I'm so tired of getting it fixed again and again. I honestly think that Dell gave me faulty piece because I've never seen any laptop crash so many times before. It hadn't been even 5 months when it crashed for the first time. And since then, it's been crashing continuously. I'm so tired of wasting my time and energy in this. I just want to toss away this laptop and never purchased anything Dell again. 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 17th, 2019 04:00

5 Posts

It was HDD, OS - windows 10

5 Posts

I had purchased the laptop in February, 2018. Then it started crashing as follows: 1st time, August, 2018 - the software had crashed 2nd time, October, 2018 - the software crashed, again 3rd time, February, 2019 - there was some battery issue due to which my laptop wouldn't start at all, no display, nothing 4th time, March, 2019 - the OS crashed right after the laptop came back from the 3rd repair 5th time, 17th April, 2019 - it crashed today morning and its not starting again like what had happened during the 3rd time.

5 Posts

April 17th, 2019 07:00

My laptop isn't starting at all, sir. How do I possibly do that?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2019 07:00

If you have dump files, zip and put on your OneDrive and give us a link.  Someone may be able to narrow down the problem.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2019 08:00

A crash is normally considered to be a BSOD.  If you system is shutting down and you are not able to restart, that is worse than a BSOD.

If you have had it repaired before, what were you told about the problem?  If the laptop appears to startup if you are listening and watching for light indications, have you tried an external monitor?

If it is completely shutdown, what exactly happens when you hold the power button for 1 or 2 seconds?

Can you think of anything that might be common to all the prior crashes?

5 Posts

April 17th, 2019 09:00

The 3rd time when it crashed, it was a similar case to how it has crashed now. The laptop isn't booting no matter how many times or for how long I hold the power button. I've tried removing the battery and nothing's worked so far. When it happened the last time, they told me it was something to do with the battery. Now, I'm not an expert on the technical terms so I can't tell you more. All that's common in all the cases is me trying to turn on the laptop and the laptop not being turned on at all. I'm a student, sir, and I really need a working laptop at all times. No other laptop has caused me as much trouble as this one has. I would urge you to kindly either send a replacement of the entire laptop, its parts, or repair it as soon as you possibly can.
No Events found!