Tomislav1997
1 Nickel

Laptop dell inspirion 5558 won't turn on

Hello, my laptop won't turn on at all, not even the fan starts to spin. When I plug in the charger,  the light (with battery simbol on it) turns on for a sec and goes off, like there is no power at all. Same happens when I put out battery and put it in again. Does anyone know what may be the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Laptop dell inspirion 5558 won't turn on

Thank you for your message. Does the light on the AC adapter stay on when connected to the notebook?

Disconnect the power cord, remove the battery, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds (to release static)

Connect the battery & power cord back in & check if the light on the AC adapter stays on & try to start the computer.

Try to wiggle the AC adapter cable near the port on the notebook & check if the system responds.

This could be an issue either with the DC in port or the motherboard. If it is a hardware issue, try replacing the DC in the cable as that is a low-value part.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Tomislav1997
1 Nickel

I have tried that, and the problem is not in the Adapter or battery. When I plug in the adapter the battery  light on the  laptop goes on for a sec and then turns of... Every time I do that it happens

0 Kudos

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard.

Try taking out the CMOS battery by following the manual here (page 36), keep the CMOS out at least for a minute.

Put the CMOS back in & connect only the AC adapter & start the computer. If the issue persists, it will be a motherboard issue.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos