8 Krypton

Laptop doesnt even have time to get hot!

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a problem with my Dell Inspirion 15 3567(Core i7 7th Gen, 2 gb vram, 8 gb ram, 2.70 ghz up to 3.5). I play many games, but I usually play a game you might have heard of called BlackSquad. This laptop cant even handle the game on the lowest settings and resolution. Which my old Packard Bell laptop (512 mb vram, 2.10 ghz, 8 gb ram) could handle the game on 1280 x 720 on medium settings. 

I do know why this is happning, its because I have changed the power options (Balanced) maximum performance energy to 75% instead of 100. But when I change it to a 100, or change the power option to performance and play any video game, including counter strike source(a 14 years old game). The fan go crazy, and the laptop isnt even hot, and the air coming out of the laptop isnt hot. When I just launch BlackSquad, literally 5 secs after it goes into sleeping mode, the laptop doesnt even have time to get hot! And its like this with almost all video games when running them on maximum performance power option. 

If someone can help or already have a solution to this then please help me, thanks.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: Laptop doesnt even have time to get hot!

Jump to solution

You bought a PC with a ultra low power CPU and Intel graphics. Not surprised you can't play games with this notebook. The focus lately has been with power consumption on these mainstream notebooks. Yes in the past CPU's had a more performance focus. That has moved to more upscale notebooks like gaming notebooks with specific HQ CPU's and dedicated graphic chips. As with most notebooks your options are few to improve performance other then installing latest drivers. I think your expecting more out of that notebook then its capable of. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

You bought a PC with a ultra low power CPU and Intel graphics. Not surprised you can't play games with this notebook. The focus lately has been with power consumption on these mainstream notebooks. Yes in the past CPU's had a more performance focus. That has moved to more upscale notebooks like gaming notebooks with specific HQ CPU's and dedicated graphic chips. As with most notebooks your options are few to improve performance other then installing latest drivers. I think your expecting more out of that notebook then its capable of. 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Oh, thats why. Thank you so much for the help 🙂

0 Kudos