Inspiron

2 Bronze

Laptop is stuck on the Dell loading screen

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and yesterday it had an issue where it got stuck on the “Advanced Repair” or something screen. Although, I managed to go through that and managed to get to my desktop by using one of the Advanced Repair options (restore previous session). However, today, when I try to start up my laptop it’s stuck on the screen where it says “Dell” and it keeps showing the loading symbol and it just keeps flashing and it keeps doing that for about 30 minutes now.

What should I do? Please help!
Replies (11)
6 Gallium

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Please run the diagnostic tool to check the hardware on system by following steps below:

1. Power off system. Remove all peripherals (except AC adapter)

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In Pre- boot menu, select diagnostic. After quick tests finished, select Hard drive and Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code. 

I did that, and it says:
“No problems have been found with this system so far. Do you want to run the remaining memory tests?”
I clicked Yes and the memory tests finished as well, and it still says no problems have been found, yet I can’t even get past the Dell logo and my laptop keeps showing the Dell logo every time I try to restart :(

And yes my system is running the Windows 10.

EDIT: Sorry, I mislooked. Currently trying to run the thorough test mode, will report here if anything else happens.

Welp, it says “All tests passed.” 😐

I am a contributor to http://www.configrouter.com/

What is the al peripherals and where is it located?

@Rociookaywrote:
What is the al peripherals and where is it located?

" All peripherals ", are devices such as a printer, external drive, speakers, flash drive plugged into the system. 

I tried following you f12 instruction but nothing happens. I’m beyond the dell screen but I can’t get to the work place. When I try to log on manually no logon on screen appears. What to do?

It says one or more errors were detected 

6 Gallium

The diagnostic tool appears to rule out any possible hardware problem,now I suspect the system is experiencing some type of software or boot / startup problem. Try getting into Advanced Repair options again. When you see the loading symbol, turn off your computer using the Hard reset / Power button. Keep turning the computer on and off until you see your computer booting into Advance Repair option. It should only take a few reboots. If successful, select Troubleshoot, Advanced options and Startup Repair. This option should help fix problems that keep Windows from loading. If that option doesn't work, select Command Prompt, and then run the commands in the link below to fix the boot problem.

new link:

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions