Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2019 13:00

Laptop keeps restarting before displaying the logo screen

Hello all,

I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron which was equipped with an ubuntu  operating system and which I was not happy about so I decided to to manually install Win 10 using a bootable USB flash drive . It wasn't easy coz I had to change some Bios setting until I could run the installation half way through. As a step within the installation process, it was prerequisite that the laptop restarts to log onto the new system and there was my problem, it kept restarting to the same installation procedures without achieving any improvement, so I messed up once more with the bios settings until that the laptop couldn't boot at all, now i keeps restarting itself even before showing a logo. It restarts within one second where the screen is still black and shows nothing. It is also fair to mention that I cleaned the disk drive using Diskpart when I was installing the windows. There is absolutely no way that I can run the bios again coz F12 and F2 are not responding since it restarts pretty quickly.

PLEASE help.

December 2nd, 2019 08:00

The problem is solved guys so thnx for the help, I took it to the repairman and he fixed it quickly however I managed to see smth that he did to boot the lap within a sec and thought that it might be helpful to share, he actually poked a whole in the DVD drive using a needle and that made the lap boot up like a charm. I hope that this was helpful to u lovely ppl.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 30th, 2019 07:00

" There is absolutely no way that I can run the bios again coz F12 and F2 are not responding since it restarts pretty quickly ".

-----------------------------------------------

Just making sure you are performing the step correctly....

1. Power off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F2 key continuously until you see the BIOS setup.

Note: Please don't wait until dell logo to appear, soon as you power on,  quickly start tapping F2 key

If successful, correct your settings in the BIOS or restore BIOS to defaults - see link below):

How to restore the BIOS (System Setup) defaults on a Dell ...

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln245206/how-to-restore-the-bios-system-setup-defaults-on-a-dell-product?lang=en

November 30th, 2019 10:00

1. Shut down the Laptop and disconnect any peripheral or accessory devices connected to it.
2. Restart the Laptop, and then press the "F8" key as soon as you see the BIOS screen or company logo of the manufacturer. When the Windows Recovery Menu appears, select the “Troubleshoot” option and then “Windows Startup Settings.”
3. Select the “Safe Mode” boot option, then press the “Enter” key. Wait a few minutes for the Laptop to boot into Windows Safe Mode. If your Laptop boots into Safe Mode successfully, launch your anti-virus application and do a full system scan. If you can connect to the Internet in Safe Mode, update the virus patterns before running the system scan.
4. Restart the Laptop to verify that the virus scan fixed any Windows boot problems. If the Laptop booted successfully, restart it and connect one of the peripheral devices to the PC. Restart the Laptop each time you connect a peripheral, and connect only one device at a time. If the Laptop fails to boot after connecting a peripheral, you may need to update driver software for the device causing the boot problems or system conflicts.

Thanks

December 1st, 2019 07:00

Thank you so much but it didn't work, it doesn't matter how fast I am coz it shuts down not allowing anything to start, it doesn't boot to anything since as I have said earlier, I wiped off the hard disk so there is nothing in there but an uncompleted installation of WIN 10 so it shuts down in less than a second and restarts again and does all this over and over repeatedly. I cannot log to the bios no matter what I do. It is stuck in one second of powering.

It feels like even if I got the chance to log into the bios in less than one second it will shut down again. 

December 1st, 2019 07:00

QasimTricks

Sorry but u're out of topic, I have no operating system to start with, my laptop's disk is wiped with no Windows whatsoever and it is stuck  in one second time of booting loop with messed up Bios settings that I am not able to reach and fix. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 06:00

Please list your Dell model number for further assistance; Example: Dell Inspiron 3543 

If you don't know, enter the service tag number onto the link below. After, you should see it in your Dell Product Support page 

Support | Dell US

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

And.....

How to find a Dell Service Tag (Official Dell Tech Support):

https://youtu.be/sDPVSHHN-SY

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 07:00

In the meantime, if you are comfortable opening computer, I'd suggest removing battery and drain any possible Static Flea Power that might be in the computer.

1. Power off computer. Remove AC adapter, all peripherals ( Printer, external drive, etc...) and battery

2. Press 'Power On' button for 15 seconds then release. This should help drain any possible Static Flea Power

3. Replace battery, adapter, power on system and then quickly start tapping F2 key for the BIOS menu. Hopefully you are successful getting into the BIOS again.

If you aren't successful getting into the BIOS setup, I'd suggest reseating the coin cell battery by following steps in the link below. This should help restore BIOS to defaults

How to Perform a BIOS or CMOS Reset and/or Clear the NVRAM on your Dell System  

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln284985/how-to-perform-a-bios-or-cmos-reset-and-or-clear-the-nvram-on-your-dell-system?lang=en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 07:00

If you aren't comfortable opening the computer, I'd suggest contacting Dell Technical Support in the link below. 

Contact Information | Dell US

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/category/Contact-Information

And check the warranty status for the computer in link below.....

Warranty & Contracts | Dell US

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=warranty

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 09:00

Glad to know the computer is up and running again. Thanks for the update and sharing solution that fix your computer. 

2 Posts

December 4th, 2020 01:00

can you give more info about the fix? thanks.

No Events found!