Highlighted
bunkerbros
1 Copper

Laptop wigs out when connected to Samsung 4K TV

I bought a Inspiron 15 7000 w/ Intel i7-7700 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and I am having some issues when I connect it to my Samsung 4K TV via HDMI.

I recently figured out how to change the screen resolution to match the 4K TV via the Nvidia Controller which helped with the quality a smidge but now I'm having issues with my mouse whenever I'm in Fortnite(only online PC game I currently play). The mouse pointer isn't showing where it actually is on screen, pointer on one tab but is actually selecting another, but this only happens when I'm trying to display just on my TV and when I duplicate the screens everything lines up perfectly. 

Also when running solely on the TV for display, my FPS shows around 140 but seems a tad laggy but when I'm duplicating or just running the laptop display my FPS sits around 60(numbers are according to Nvidia FPS overlay). 

Can anybody provide some incite as to what I'm doing wrong or some setting I have selected/unselected that needs to be? It is driving me nuts since I usually play on PC with my PS4 buddies since I don't own a PS4 and would like utilize my TV. 

Also, I don't have much technical background so the simpler you can break it down for me, the better. 

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge!