Highlighted
Jai19
1 Copper

Laptop with Black responsive screen Dell Inspiring 15 3000 i

15501267283685110997802226685973.jpgHi all, my laptop has windows 10. It was working fine till now. Today, when I started it started with a Black screen with no cursor or sound and remained Black. Capslock key and brightness is being responded. I have checked removing battery and starting. I have also reattached RAM to check disconnect in slot. Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Laptop with Black responsive screen Dell Inspiring 15 30

Please post the exact model number of your system. 3000 is a series and not a model number.

The following link may help. Is the caps lock light steady or flashing? It could be a hard drive problem.

https://windowsreport.com/fix-black-screen-without-cursor/

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
Jai19
1 Copper

Hey Thanks for reply... It is 3567... The capslock let's backlight/LED is responsive. Also, brightness can be changed by Fn keys... I have checked all the steps of attached link... Please suggest any solution otherwise I will visit service centre.. Thanks a ton again!
0 Kudos
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Try using an external monitor to see if any display is shown. If so then it may be the LCD screen. If not then pull the RAM and see if you get a series of beeps, you should with the RAM pulled. Also try disconnecting the hard drive and see if you get an error message. Have you tried a reset? Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything and try again.

Glad to help out...hopefully some of these ideas may get you up running again.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
Jai19
1 Copper

I had tried disconnecting Ram and switching laptop on... There were three beeps... I had also removed battery and charger and then pressing on button... That also didn't work... I tried projecting also but the laptop wasn't detected in the other monitor... I will try removing hard disk once... 

However one more point, I switched a wifi spot to which my laptop got connected (it was latched before as well)

Thanks again!

0 Kudos