Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2021 10:00

Laptop won’t charge, not a problem with ac adapter/charger or battery

Spoiler

Hey guys, I’ve ran into a problem with my dell inspiron 15 7573. I’ve always had charging issues, my old charger would only charge when I put it in a certain position. I wasn’t too concerned at the time, my warranty ran out a while ago and I only really used my laptop while it was plugged and charging anyways. Just a few weeks ago, the charger completely gave out. It wouldn’t charge no matter how much I wiggled it and would only maintain the little battery percentage I had left. I checked my battery health which was stated as ‘working normally’ and made sure everything on my laptop was up to date.  I even read through all the forums on here figuring that it was probably my charger, so I finally bought a new dell official one only for it to arrive and not work. The charging light sometimes turns on for a second if I wiggle the charger to a certain position but then turns off. I’m starting to think that the problem might be with my DC jack but I’m not sure how to tell whether or not it’s damaged. Any help would be appreciated.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 1st, 2021 10:00

It's either the DC jack or the system board - replace the jack first.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=21841

3 Posts

June 1st, 2021 20:00

Thanks for the link, hopefully  it’ll solve the problem!

53 Posts

June 2nd, 2021 00:00

May I ask, how old is your laptop? And did you format the disk before? If don't, connect the changer, then restart your laptop, when you see the Dell logo, press F12 repeatly, then on the one-time boot menu, select Diagnostics and see there any error code. If did, send it to me on Private Message.

Hope this work! It it is, please accept as solutions. If it didn't, still, talk to me on Private Message.

Dang

3 Posts

June 10th, 2021 13:00

Thought it was worth coming back here and mentioning that I ordered and replaced my DC Jack just yesterday and it solved my problem! My laptop is now charging normally again, thanks for all your help!

June 11th, 2021 05:00

i too have similar but slighty different problem

Hi
last night i was working on my laptop, i realize my battery is low. so, i put it for charging. After a while i realized the battery is 75% charged so I disconnect from charger as i disconnect my laptop switches off.
later the laptop refused to turn on...so i reconnected the charger and the laptop turned on with the light that displays charging status starts flickering in a cycle of 5 times...4 times orange and 1 time white...and this cycle continues till i use the laptop. without battery if i use my laptop directly by AC charge it runs as usual no charging light flickering.
when i try to start my laptop putting batttery and charger plug in laptop doesnt open it recommend to go to bios setting pressing F2 and as i enter bios setting this message is displayed when i go to BATTERY HEALTH option "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature" .
Note: My charger and battery is perfectly fine since i have cross checked them in other similar laptop.

No Events found!