Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 15:00

Little rubber feet fell off - Inspiron 16 Plus 7610

Hi,

One of my little rubber laptop feet (small 33mm) fell off on its own. The other one in the front is wiggling like it's gonna fall off too. Where can I get replacement feet?

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

June 4th, 2022 08:00

Yes, they are sending a technician to replace the back cover of the laptop. That's cool and all, thanks, but what happens after my warranty runs out and the next set of rubber feet fall off? Wishing there was an easy replacement that didn't involve Dell Technical support.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 16:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

35 Posts

July 1st, 2022 00:00

You can always purchase replacement bottom covers... technically shouldn't be covered under warranty unless it was a defect. Being rough and careless with your laptop, the rubbers will fall off due to wear and tear.

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

July 1st, 2022 10:00

Actually, these you can't. I searched all over ebay - there are lots of replacement feet, but none this size. These feet are glued on, but because this laptop runs so hot, the heat loosens the glue, and then the feet can just slide off. With the original back cover, One went missing, and the second had slid about 1cm to the side. It doesn't matter how careful or careless you are sliding it into your work bag, they will come off.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7359 about 6 years ago. These had the exact same tiny rubber feet on them, I could not ever find a replacement. With that unit, 2 of the 4 feet were falling off and I'd have to stick them back on again. It was very frustrating. The only option was to replace the entire back cover, and then use those as replacements. I think I used superglue to re-glue them back on, and I never had a problem again. Dell wanted $99 for the replacement feet.

In this case, it was covered under warranty, and Dell replaced the entire back cover with a new one.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2023 22:00

Yes, that is normal. But when you are not "rough and careless," and keep your laptop in a case at all times when not in use, then it is not normal for these parts to fall off. I shouldn't have to replace the entire bottom half of the laptop shell every few months because a small adheisive bumper keeps falling off. Be realistic.

March 21st, 2023 01:00

I have experienced this with 2 Dell laptops. The second laptop is still under warranty and the feet have fallen off.

This is a design flaw in Dell laptops.

I have a Lenovo laptop for 3 years and have no issues with the rubber feet.

I have experienced this with 2 Dell laptops. The second laptop is still under warranty and the feet have fallen off.

This is a design flaw in Dell laptops.

I have a Lenovo laptop for 3 years and have no issues with the rubber feet.

To quote Mark Twain, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt".

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

June 21st, 2023 17:00

When one of the feet fell off again, I ended up finding some L-shaped Rubber feet designed for a G-series laptop. The key ingredient here was a 3M Adhesive, and I cleaned the area with 99% Isopropyl before applying. They've stayed on for at least 6 months now without any problems. Word to the wise, you don't HAVE to replace the feet with what came with the laptop, just be creative and find a solution that works.

No Events found!