Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

June 13th, 2018 05:00

Long boot due to a black screen before sign-in screen

Greetings! I currently have a Dell Inspiron 7567 and recently, I have been having trouble upon booting up my PC. After the dell logo shows up upon booting with the loading animation, everything goes black for a random amount of time (Not longer than 5 minutes to be exact) before the sign-in screen finally shows up. 

Several solutions that I came up while searching in the internet with were toggling the fast boot option, updating the bios to the latest version (1.7.0), reinstalling display adapters by uninstalling them and waiting for windows to automatically reinstall them, booting into safe mode (still resulted with the same problem surprisingly) and also editing a plentiful of power options but all of these solutions failed. Many people from my searches are quite sure that it is a windows 10 problem which kind of makes me want to downgrade to Windows 7. Unfortunately, I have very important files that are in this PC and I don't have immediate access to a backup drive. On a quick note, I also realized that whenever I boot up with the AC plugged in, the sign-in screen doesn't show up at all. It only seems to show whenever I am in battery mode so I assume it's some sort of a power option that I changed along the time of using the device. 

Similar situations I saw that would describe this are the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnI5NL4csck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC_ITGBBEsI

Thank you for reading!

December 24th, 2018 11:00

this problem arises due to system not getting shut down properly. what you need to do is. 1st ) right click on taskbar---> taskmanger--> more details--> startup--> now disable all the application one by one. 2nd) check if your system is having more than one antivirus program, if its then use only one and uninstall the another. 3rd)shutdown the system and wait for more than 2 to 3 min before closing the lid off , the screen goes off but still the pc will be running due to which next time wen u start the pc the pc gets slower so after shutdown and screen goes black wait for 2 to 3 min

1 Message

January 4th, 2020 11:00

I removed one app (Waves Maxxaudio Service..... Impact High).  It seems to boot faster now.  Previously over 1 minute. Now 30 seconds.

1 Message

June 24th, 2020 02:00

Actually having the same problem i can say that if you restart the system once already loaded... it restart normaly.
BUT, if you shut down the pc it take 3 or 4 minute to see the bios text appear on the screen so how can be the OS making so much difference if even the motherobard bios is not runned... every morning i start the pc and play drum while it starting... but as i said... once started... if i have to restart due driver update etc. etc.. it restart quickly.
It happens from day by day... without any change... and i can see online a lot of advise but anybody fixed it or found a solution.... 

I've lost the count of how many times i did search a fix for this... someone suggested me to change the motherboard battery... i will give a try and letyouu know
Thnaks for you help

2 Posts

June 24th, 2020 11:00

Hey guys! I actually had my laptop fixed after months of having it checked out to several repair services. At first, I thought that the problem was from a bad section found in my hard drive after having it analyzed. The technician thought that perhaps the system was failing to boot because the bios was having a hard time recognizing the hard drive which is a realistic assumption since it boots flawlessly with only the m.2 SSD plugged in. We then had that part replaced with a new one from Dell but unfortunately the issue still persisted. After a lot of diagnosis, It was later found out that the ultimate cause of my issue was the battery somehow failing to provide enough power to the components thus preventing the system from booting. This was inferred after we tried running the system in DC without the battery to which it returned to a blazingly fast boot up sequence. To sum it up my issue stemmed from both a bad hard drive and a defective battery/battery connection/power supply. I think this started after I tried dual booting with Linux to where I tampered with the battery connector in the process. Right now, my system is booting consistently but still is not booting in the speed of which it is supposed to considering that I'm hosting my OS in my SSD. I think that the battery/battery connector/power supply still has issues but I find them tolerable nonetheless. In addition, according to the Dell Power Manager app, my battery's life is reaching its end but there has been no increase in boot times thus I like to think that the battery connector/power supply must then be the issue all along.

February 15th, 2021 06:00

Hi.
Have you been able to solve your problem in the meantime?
I have had the same problem with my M4800 since summer 2020.
To this day unsolved.
Best

February 16th, 2021 03:00

Have you already found a solution?

2 Posts

April 19th, 2021 19:00

No Events found!