Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2019 03:00

MaxxAudio Pro/Realtek driver malfunctioning?

MaxxAudio Pro thinks that I have a device plugged in my computer audio jack even though I don't, thus the speakers don't work (It works with headphones plugged in). I have tried to reinstall my audio driver multiple times, both from Dell and Windows Device Manager, but no luck. I uninstalled Realtek driver (from Dell) and Installed Windows own audio driver (High Definition Audio Device) via Device Manager, and it works fine, but once I installed the Realtek driver and have restarted the computer, the MaxxAudio popup asks me what device I have plugged in even though there isn't one.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 1st, 2019 10:00

This model has a small (separate) I/O board that is replaceable.

However before you consider that, plug the headset in and out several time fast as it may fix the problem.  

If that doesn't help, reseat (unplug then plug back in) the ribbon cable connection from the I/O board to the main board.

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-3567-laptop_service-manual_en-us.pdf

If not, most likely (no 100% guarantee this is the problem, but most likely) the jack is bad and the small I/O board will have to be replaced.

Here is link to one site that advertises it has a refurbished I/O board

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=141&subid=996&refine=circuit+board

28 Posts

Hello, fireberd. My pc model is Dell Inspiron 15-3567. Its warranty is expired.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Sounds like a defective jack.  Realtek has jack sensing capability and the generic, basic function, Windows High Definition audio does not.

What is the PC model number? Always include this with any initial problem post.  Too many different Dell models.

If this is still in warranty contact Dell support.  If out of warranty either use the High Definition audio driver or consider having it repaired.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 1st, 2019 16:00

One other item, that I overlooked.  

Install Realtek but Uninstall MaxxAudio.  If that works OK, leave MaxxAudio off as it really isn't needed.  You can get along without it.  However, if its bad with just Realtek installed that would confirm the jack is most likely bad as its sensing something plugged in when its not.  Another option, to avoid the hardware replacement, if audio is working satisfactory with High Definition installed, just use that and go on.

28 Posts

December 2nd, 2019 00:00

Thank you very much for your help fireberd. I believe you are right that the jack is bad.

No Events found!