Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

January 29th, 2023 07:00

Memory Integrity and Core Isolation Settings Issue.

Hello, 

I am facing this terrible issue with my memory integrity setting off in my Windows defender settings. My Device is Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition. Whenever I click on "Go to Settings" it gives me an error saying "The page you are trying to acces has no supported fearures and is not available". I have also attached a picture to it so anyone who can or had solved this issue in the past any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You. Screenshot 2023-01-29 201308.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 29th, 2023 09:00

You might want to get a picture of your msinfo32.exe window.  Near the bottom of the System Summary, it shows what security settings are in place.  You may have to enable something in the Bios.

January 29th, 2023 10:00

Thanks a lot for your reply. You can see the screenshot of my system info attached. Screenshot 2023-01-29 233717.png

591 Posts

January 29th, 2023 13:00

Hello,

That page of windows defender requires a tpm chip press the windows key +r in the run box type tpm.msc what does it display ? if it displays "the tpm is ready for use" that is fine if it displays something else you may need to enable that in the bios as @Saltgrass already suggested How to enable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module 

591 Posts

Hello,

Probably you have incompatible drivers with core isolation if the issue is bothering you this might help .

Thank you for your repy. I checked as you guided and it says TPM is ready to use. I have attached the screenshot as well so you can check.Screenshot 2023-01-30 021939.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 30th, 2023 07:00

The line you show no info for is the Virtualization-based security Services Configured which has the entry Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity after it.

It may be something in the Bios but each Bios seems to have different options so you would need to check yours.

In my Defender user interface, the only yellow triangle is on App & Browser Control so it isn't that.

591 Posts

January 30th, 2023 09:00

Hello,

Also for core isolation to work :

• Your bios needs to be UEFI..
  • DEP needs to be enabled Data Execution Prevention.
  • Secure Boot must be enabled.
  • TPM 2.0 needs to be enabled (it is enabled on your system).
  • CPU Virtualization must be enabled.

To check if DEP is enabled press the windows key +r in the run box type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe in the dialog that opens choose the advanced tab under performance click settings in the new dialog choose the second tab this where you can see if DEP is enabled or not.

Enabling CPU virtualization this proces is different depending on your CPU vendor .

No Events found!