Highlighted
KarrarSHoni
1 Copper

Missing Fingerprint reader driver

I bought a Dell 5570 shipped with Ubuntu Installed. it got a built in FingerPrint scanner integrated with the power button to login using it. it is Goodix GF3208 Fingerprint, It is not supported on linux and only works on Windows. Simply no Driver for it even tho the laptop came shipped with Ubuntu. any ideas? I paid for a device that is not working how it supposed to work..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Missing Fingerprint reader driver

Hi KarrarSHoni,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as you expected.

Unfortunately I'm unable to locate a 5570 with Ubuntu pre-installed from the factory on the sales page.

I am also unable to locate any Ubuntu drivers from the Support page either.

Not saying that they're not available, just unable to locate them.  

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
livenicely
1 Copper

Re: Missing Fingerprint reader driver

I have found a code for Goodix fingerprint sensor. That code is mainly written for Android devices. I have tried to compile it for Ubuntu 19.04. This code would be helpful to write a new driver. This code is written for the SPI interface. It would be useful if someone can try to rewrite this code for the USB interface.

https://github.com/adnanjee/Goodix-GF3208