Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

March 8th, 2019 13:00

Mixed messages battery Inspiron 7559

Lately when I boot up the device there is a white box with red lettering popping up saying that my battery has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced (not sure of exact wording).  When I click on it it brings me to the Dell site for checking battery health

Though when I check the battery status through the BIOS and the Dell Power Manager Lite program I am getting battery health of "Normal" or "Excellent"

Physically the battery looks fine as well, no swelling or other physical defects that I can see either.

What  is actually going on here?

9.4K Posts

March 12th, 2019 03:00

Hi Graves522,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies for the confusion over the battery status message.

Does this happen when the ac adapter is connected or disconnected?

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

Please try resetting the computer by removing all external devices, including the ac adapter.  Remove the battery.  With the battery out, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Replace the battery and press the power button again.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

March 12th, 2019 17:00

I had the same thing - there were a couple BIOS updates released by Dell recently which I'm guessing is the cause.

Edit: To give more details, Dell update has found 3 BIOS updates in a week for me, which strongly suggests there's something wrong with the update that they're fixing.

No Events found!