Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

January 9th, 2023 12:00

Monitors Showing as Inactive

Hello,

I am on a new Dell Latitude 3520 using a new Dell WD19S Docking Station. I am attempting to hook up two monitors, one plugged into the dock and one plugged into my Latitude both using HDMI. If I have just one monitor plugged into the dock it will extend the display from the laptop just fine but as soon as I plug an HDMI into the laptop as well it will no longer extend the displays and shows them both as inactive. They will both show up in display settings so they are being recognized just nothing is happening. Thanks for the help!

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

January 9th, 2023 23:00

If you are looking to resolve this: You may be able to enable detection, by pressing either Win + P, or Fn + F8 to select a video output display mode manually. You can disable the dGPU mode in the computers BIOS. Check you User Manual of your computer to navigate the BIOS and change the dGPU mode.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2023 04:00

I have the same problem. 

I just got "Dell Dock – WD19S" to my laptop. I connected laptop and the docker together, I was able to use two extra displays which are connected to the the display ports of WD19S. Then I updated all drivers and BIOS-es on my laptop. Now, the displays does not work anymore. When I connect both of them, both become inactive. They can be seen in Windows Display Settings, but both are inactive state. However, one connected display work perfectly, Windows 10 can see and configure it.

The laptop is Precision 5570

February 23rd, 2023 07:00

I had a working Lattitude 5530  laptop until yesterday, then I ran Windows Update and rebooted. I had a Dell 23" and a 32" curved monitor connected through the WD15 doc (Thunderbolt), and now they don't work. The Intel Graphics Command Center app shows them both as inactive, and when I try to change to Active, nothing happens.

I swapped out the doc for a new WD22TB4 dock and the same issue is present.

I tried unplugging one of the monitors, but that didn't help at all.  I also downloaded the specific drivers for the monitors and installed them, to no avail.

I've now wasted two days on this. Billable days. What is going on here?

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2023 09:00

Sorry, I do not know what is going there, but I can tell you my story :).

I have Precision 5570. I am using two extra screens with a docking station. After I updated all latest drivers from dell home page. I was able to use only one extra display. When two monitors are connected both become inactive. And I needed to disconnect both of them first, and connect one back, then it worked well. Long story short: I used the Windows restore points to set back Windows into before driver installation states. Now, I can use two monitors, and do NOT install any new drivers.

February 23rd, 2023 14:00

Same exact issue with same Precession 5570 and WD19S. It was working the previous day, then today my monitors are inactive.

It happened on other time about a month ago, but then it started working again. I don't remember exactly what I did because I had tried so many things.

Now it happened again.

February 23rd, 2023 15:00

My monitors are showing active and working once again. This time around, I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver then restarted my laptop, which reinstalled the driver on its own. Then, in Display Settings, I selected a monitor and selected "Extend desktop...". Then my monitor became active and came on. Did the same for the other two monitors and all is good now. Ya!

Hope this helps someone else.

Precession 5570 and WD19S

2 Posts

May 29th, 2023 11:00

So nVidia driver dind't help. But getting the latest Intel drivers (currently  version 31.0.101.4146) solved, at least for now, the issue. 

2 Posts

May 29th, 2023 11:00

Exactly same setup. Exactly same story. I think it might be since I got some nVidia driver update. Will try first one more update from nVidia and after that uninstallation. 

1 Message

October 30th, 2023 19:04

I have encountered this issue numerous times. I work IT and we utilize the dell latitudes and WD19s docks in our environment extensivley, we have quite a few different model latitudes in our environment and will encounter this issue fairly often, about 5-7 times a month. Sometimes power cycling the docking station and / or laptop will resolve for some times. Some cases the monitors simply will NOT activate. It will stay on "disconnect this display" while another user will connect with their device to the same docking station and it will work fine.... cant make any sense of these issues after troubleshooting them for months.... everything is up to date,

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 29th, 2024 09:37

I had a very same problem. My computer is Precision 3581 and my docking station is WD19S 130W. Screens showed as inactive, I have tried so many things : reinstalling drivers, reseting the station, playing with settings and nothing worked. 

I wanted to inform you guys that I found a solution without help from Dell. What I did is that I downloaded the previous version of the driver Intel UHD/Iris Xe Graphics Driver and Intel Graphics Command Center Application from https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=fg33g&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-13-5340-2-in-1-laptop 

My screens were not working with the newest version but everything works super well with the previous one. I hope the same solution will work for you. 

No Events found!