Highlighted
Zack W.
1 Nickel

My AirPods are randomly cutting out on my laptop.

Hello. When using my AirPods on my Dell laptop (with built in Bluetooth), the sound cuts out all the time (often for at least a minute) and glitches. I've researched the problem and it seems to be relatively common, but I cannot find a solution. Other Bluetooth devices connected to my laptop (keyboard and speakers) are working completely find, although the speakers lag every so often. However, this is very minor. The AirPods on the other hand make it completely impossible to listen to anything. They work beautifully on my iPhone so it may be a problem with the drivers on my laptop. My Logitech receiver dongle for my mouse may also be interfering, but that is probably very unlikely. Any suggestions to help me out would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My AirPods are randomly cutting out on my laptop.

Hi Zack W.,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately, Dell has not tested it's systems with the product you mentioned, so we would be unable to provide support for that.  If you need further assistance you could try contacting the support department for the product.

Since you report that other bluetooth devices connected to the computer are working fine, it would seem that the computer is functioning normally.

If you require further assistance and the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos