1211_89
1 Copper

My Dell laptop will not start up

Dell inspiron n5010 purchased in year 2010 ... Ran all ok.. Till year 2016 ...the issue is its not showing the charging light ...so I gave the device for re work or diagnostic ...the technician was taking too much Time reparing ...he said the motherboard is not working ...it costs up to 5000 inr ..so I thought to change the battery pack ....it did not worked too..tell some more ...capabilities ..or possibilities...so I can start my device...need help...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: My Dell laptop will not start up

The technician is likely correct - the mainboard needs replacement.  On a system this old, carefully evaluate the cost vs. the cost of buying a new system - repairs come with at best 90 days warranty, so you'll be spending quite a bit more (with labor) than the system is worth to repair it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Dell laptop will not start up

Hi 1211_89,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

ejn63 is correct, you may need to weigh the possibilities of a new purchase rather than a repair, but if you haven't already tried, here is some troubleshooting from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell PC does not turn on or boot into Windows

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos