Start a Conversation

Unsolved

LE

3 Posts

April 17th, 2019 23:00

My Inspiron 14 7460 keeps on turning on and off

Hi guys, I have a two-year old Inspiron that recently got stuck in a continuous loop on turning on and off. After about 3-4 cycles of turning on and off, the light blinks 3 amber and 1 white. That means that there’s a CMOS battery problem. However, to fix that, I need to get into BIOS, but I can’t do that either because my laptop only turns on and off — won’t let me get to the DELL logo to press F2. I’ve tried isolating the power sources by using battery-only and charger-only (ie. disconnecting the battery), but both yield the on-off result. I have also tried replacing the CMOS with a new battery (same specs and everything), but still no change. Lastly, I’ve reseated the RAM to no avail either. Please help me because I have important files that I need to get from this laptop.. Thank you.

April 17th, 2019 23:00

Sorry it’s a wall of text. Just typed this on my phone. The paragraph spacing doesn’t seem to work.

9.4K Posts

April 18th, 2019 07:00

Hi Luis,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected. 

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

April 18th, 2019 20:00

Hi Robert, Does that mean that I cannot perform any other troubleshooting activity to fix this problem?
No Events found!