BeloBear
1 Copper

My Notebook Dell Inspiron 5000 all USB ports are not working

My Notebook Dell Inspiron 5000 all USB ports are not working.
I'm already updated all drivers and re-install all drivers again, but it still doesn't work.
Help me pls. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

Re: My Notebook Dell Inspiron 5000 all USB ports are not wor

@BeloBear wrote:

My Notebook Dell Inspiron 5000 all USB ports are not working.
I'm already updated all drivers and re-install all drivers again, but it still doesn't work.
Help me pls. Thank you.

What happened prior to you realizing that all USB ports are not working?

0 Kudos
BeloBear
1 Copper

I try to connect my usb mouse and it dosen’t connected. Also as my extenal hdd & thumb drive too. When I updated all USB drivers in Device manager it shows “Power surge on the USB port” and tell me to unconnect all connection devices and restart. I doing everything that I searching from google about “Power surge on the USB port” and it still not working.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

@BeloBear wrote:

I try to connect my usb mouse and it dosen’t connected. Also as my extenal hdd & thumb drive too. When I updated all USB drivers in Device manager it shows “Power surge on the USB port” and tell me to unconnect all connection devices and restart. I doing everything that I searching from google about “Power surge on the USB port” and it still not working.

So are you saying that this all started when you connected a USB mouse?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln301114/power-surge-on-the-usb-port-in-windows-10?la...

0 Kudos
JOcean
5 Tungsten

I agree that the mouse may have been the cause if the port quit working after being plugged in. Have you tried clicking on Device Manager and check all of the USB controllers to see if allow computer to turn this device off is checked. If so uncheck it. A little more drastic is to uninstall the devices under the USB controllers tab. Then reboot and allow Windows 10 to detect and reinstall drivers.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos