1 Copper

My computer will not start

Hi,

I have **bleep** 14R N4010  (Service Tag: <Service tag removed> Express Service Code:<Express service code removed>) which is having problem of booting, to update my laptop battery is dead and has been updated with free upgrade with windows 10 (but without Bluetooth driver as I think the make does not support it). 

Whenever I press Power button it simply not respond but somewhere in your community i found about calibrate and did it after following all the instruction i did manage to start but once it started there was sparking like sound from my right side of the laptop then flickering of screes follows by color change pattern and some time automatically swtich off. Also if i press power button for longer time say about 10-15 seconds after plugging the adapter the charging led blink with a pattern of white and orange and without laptop battery the power does not reaches to the system as i cannot see the led on.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this.

Regards,

Om Prakash

<Phone number removed>

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: My computer will not start

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to assist you on this.

Please disconnect the power cord & remove the battery. Press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds (this will remove the static). Connect the battery & power cord back in & start the computer.

Does the power button or battery status light blink in a particular pattern like off-off on or off on off?

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the Service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
1 Copper

my laptop has the same problem today, 

it was running fine.  

I came to realize the screen turned off by itself, so I thought the laptop was on sleep mode when I was away for a phone call, 

but I came back to restart by pressing the power button, which usually works, but it couldn't start up.

I tried to do exactly the same as mentioned by DELL, 

remove battery and power adaptor, press power button for 30 secs, and plugin power and battery, then press Power button, still not startup at all.  

Charging light at the laptop is NOT on at all.

need help for service tag: *******

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message.

Do you see any lights on the power button when you turn on the computer?

Do you see any lights flashing on the battery icon?

Please disconnect the power cord & check if there is light on the AC adapter brick. Connect the power cord back to the computer & check if the light stays on.

I see that the warranty on your computer has expired. My assistance will be limited to diagnosing the issue if there is any hardware replacement required you will need to contact our out of warranty team for further assistance.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos