Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

October 30th, 2020 19:00

My dell inspirion 15 3000 Laptop gets off when moved

I have the Inspiron 15 3000 Dell Laptop. I bought it back in mid of July 2019 and from January onwards ,it randomly gets off ,but not actually getting shut down. I could return to the same screen if I restart it again. But I overlooked this issue because it rarely happened. Now for about the last 2 months, the shut offs have happened almost every time when I shift my computer to a more comfortable position. I am much tensed about this. How can I fix this issue? What could be the problem? What shall I do now? Needs help

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

October 31st, 2020 03:00

So when the computer is on battery mode, it shuts down? Have you tried checking your BIOS if the battery is performing well? Please also try running the on board diagnostics of the computer. ( Turn of the computer > Fn + Power Button or Turn on the computer and repeatedly tap on the F12 key > select Diagnostics

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 31st, 2020 08:00

That could be in Hibernation when it randomly shuts off but not completely. Test by using a brief press of the power button (if a mouse click doesn't work) to wake it from Hibernation--which sounds like what you are already doing. Change the settings or disable it in Power Options, additional power settings. 

Also batteries don't last as long as they used to. See this-- Battery FAQ's

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2020 18:00

It gets off both in power and battery mode. I have checked the system bios and the battery is performing well 

No Events found!