Highlighted

My dell inspiron 1545 wont to the internet or tge bluetooth

Good day,
I would like to request assistance concerning my dell inspiron 1545 laptop. I have tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect. The Bluetooth is also not connecting. I have pressed the F2 button and the FN and F2 together to turn I on but it won't turn on. I am using the Windows 7 vista. My network adapters which are functioning is the Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini Card and the Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller.
Your assistance and response would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ieee488
Diamond

Re: My dell inspiron 1545 wont to the internet or tge bluetooth

Betty Blaise wrote:
Good day,
I would like to request assistance concerning my dell inspiron 1545 laptop. I have tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect. The Bluetooth is also not connecting. I have pressed the F2 button and the FN and F2 together to turn I on but it won't turn on. I am using the Windows 7 vista. My network adapters which are functioning is the Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini Card and the Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller.
Your assistance and response would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

You either have Windows 7 or you have Windows Vista?

The Marvell requires that you connect an Ethernet cable from the back of your laptop to your router. Do you have that?  This is the most consistent way to get connected to the internet.

The 1397 is obviously wifi. You would need to connect to your router which should be broadcasting a SSID that you recognize. You would need a password to connect.

Please post back with additional details about what you actually have.

0 Kudos

Hi
Thank you for the response.
I have Windows 7 and yes both ethernet cable and the 1397 was not connecting.
I was assisted accordingly by the moderator, Jesse. He sent me a link that was to assist me with solving the issue which helped alot.
My laptop is finally connecting to the internet, that is both ethernet cable and the 1397 wireless plus the the Bluetooth works too.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
ieee488
Diamond

Betty Blaise wrote:
Hi
Thank you for the response.
I have Windows 7 and yes both ethernet cable and the 1397 was not connecting.
I was assisted accordingly by the moderator, Jesse. He sent me a link that was to assist me with solving the issue which helped alot.
My laptop is finally connecting to the internet, that is both ethernet cable and the 1397 wireless plus the the Bluetooth works too.
Thank you.

I am glad you have it working!

0 Kudos