Alan2016
1 Copper

My laptop is nowhere to be found after was collected for repair

I bought a laptop for £580 less than a year ago, all of a sudden my laptop with a i5 8th generation CPU started to work like a celeron one, needed 5 minutes to get to desktop after being truned on. Very very slow performance. Gave the customer service a call, did everything they asked me to do but still no improvement. Then they asked me to box the device a wait fro UPS to collect it for repair. 3  times they mossed  the collection time. Finally they collected the device, on the same day I received an email saying my device is sorted out and will be delivered, I called them up and was told to ignore that email. After a week I had another email saying I have received the leaptopon Friday which I didn't. I called them up again, the said according to UPS the device was delivered to me on a Thursday , they gave me a tracking number and a phone number to call UPS( this is somethingtthey must have done not me) and asked them waht was going on. I did, the UPS said there is no signature and name to suggest who has received the laptop. Then I called dell, they said they will conduct an investigation, niw I have been waiting for 3 weeks, no laptop has been delivered no an explanation has been given. I am a last year PhD student and this means a trye disaster for me, I f. Don't know what to do. I have no such money to buy another one and truly I am lost. What is going to happen now? Please guve an explanation. What the hell is going on and if my laptop is lost what is going to happen then?

My express service code is:<Express service code removed>

and service tag is: <Service Tag removed>

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nyc10036
4 Beryllium

Re: My laptop is nowhere to be found after was collected for repair

I am not sure why you are posting in the forums for USA customers.

Isn't there one for Dell for the UK ?

Try contacting DellCares for the UK.

0 Kudos
Alan2016
1 Copper

My mistake, Google directed me. Sorry

0 Kudos
Dell-RitikaD
1 Copper

Hi, Alan2016

I've responded to you via Private Message and will be happy to assist you further there.

Regards,

Dell-RitikaD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Run the PC pre-Windows diagnostics
Out of Warranty Support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dell-RitikaD
1 Copper

Hi, Alan2016

This case is being reviewed with UPS and we are awaiting their response on this. Once we have any information, I'll get back to you.

Regards,
Ritika

Dell-RitikaD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Run the PC pre-Windows diagnostics
Out of Warranty Support

0 Kudos