Highlighted
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

New 7570 - Issues with Graphics, Battery and Sound - Help Needed

Hi all,

I purchased the I7 Inspiron 7570 yesterday (03/04/18) and i have had multiple issues thus far

To start with, i have been experiencing the issue with the crackling speakers where any sound or system audio would crackle when playing, i seem to have kind of solved this after 11 hours of trial and error by realising that the only time the issue wasnt present was when in aeroplane mode, so i updated all network drivers such as bluetooth and wireless and since then i havent really had any issue since. I do still get the odd faint crackle.

Furthermore, i had an issue where any game or GPU requiring software such as Photoshop, would not load and instead just stayed as a black or white screen. I seem to have fixed this issue by updating the integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics driver which is strange because my default GPU is the Nvidia GeForce 940MX. No issues since.

The final issue I am getting, and this one is on and off, is that my laptop will one minute be on 30%, then i loaded up Photoshop (this was pre fix for the black screen issue)  and the next thing i know my computer dies only to boot up to a bios type message saying that my laptop has critical battery. I plug it back in and it has 20%, only to drop down to 7% in the space of 60 seconds.

I havent yet experienced any of these issues since updating the Intel graphics driver but i cant understand how one integrated graphics driver could have caused all of these issues. That said it has only been a few hours since doing the update and so i am expecting to see said issues come back again. 

Does anybody have any knowledge or suggestions for this? after purchasing one of the last ones from PC World, i do not want to take it back as I will not be able to exchange the item, only refund. Other than these issues, ive found it to be a brilliant laptop 😞

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated, 

Thanks, Lewis 

11 Replies
speedstep
6 Thallium

Re: New 7570 - Issues with Graphics, Battery and Sound - Help Needed

I see no such model
I do see Dell Latitude Latitude 14 7000 (E7470-7662)

Most problems are ignoring minimum requirements.

6th-Gen Intel Core i3-6100U processor, 4GB of RAM a 128GB SSD and a 1366 x 768 display

You don't get all 4 gigs because INTEL HD Graphics Steals 1.7 gigs of system Ram.  You need to update your machine to 16 gigs in order to get 14 gigs useable ram.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/latitude-e7470/CT8082918

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

This system is not suited to what you want to do.

Photoshop requires a dedicated GPU - not a hybrid GPU.  Return the system for that refund, and re-order - this time a 15" Precision mobile workstation -- which is up to the task of running what you want it to run.

Photoshop is a 5,000 pound trailer - your system is a Honda Accord. You're not going to tow that trailer with a mid-range mid-sized car.

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

I did not post this for opinions on my choice of laptop. I worked within my budget and this is what suited me best, it runs Photoshop just fine, just as well as the 750ti in my Desktop.

I appreciate the concern however this post was intended to help me solve the issues I am having, I do not think that my choice of GPU has any effect on sound, battery, or indeed games loading to only a blank screen.

Thanks, Lewis

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Photoshop works just fine with INTEL HD Graphics provided that you add enough system Ram.

INTEL HD Graphics Steals up to 1.7 gigs from system ram.

Dell Latitude 14 7000 Series E7470 (Latitude E7470 Series)
Processor
Intel Core i7-6600U (Intel Core i7)
Graphics adapter
Intel HD Graphics 520, Core: 1000 MHz, Memory: 1067 MHz
Memory 4096 MB  , DDR4 SDRAM
Display 14 inch 16:9, 2560 x 1440 pixel, 10 fingers, AUO B140QAN Dell PN F0WXVV, IPS, Corning Gorilla Glass NBT, glossy: yes
Mainboard Intel Skylake-Y Premium PCH
Storage  Samsung SSD PM851 M.2 2280 256GB, 256 GB
, 6GB/s SATA III

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/adobe-photoshop-with-open-standards-enhanced-by-intel-hd-a...

Intel HD Graphics Devices that support OpenGL and OpenCL and Photoshop

Intel graphics devices should be enabled for OpenGL and OpenCL graphics acceleration by default:

• 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors
    • Intel® HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600, P4600, P4700
    • HD Graphics 5000
    • Iris™ Graphics 5100
    • Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
  • 3rd gen Intel® Core™ processors
    • Intel® HD Graphics 4000, P4000
  • 2nd gen Intel® Core™ processors
    • Intel® HD Graphics 3000, P3000

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

It isn't an opinion - just look at the recommended hardware for photoshop. Yes, your system meets the minimum - but that's going to do two things:

Slow performance, and

Strain the hardware.

You are entitled to think as you wish -- but Photoshop WILL strain this system, and you'll never get optimum battery life from it.  

As for games, check with the game publisher - many games require specific settings to run on MUX-less software controlled hybrid systems (and in fact many older games won't run with the co-processor GPU at all, as they'll only see the Intel GPU).  If it's been a while since the release of the game and there have been no updates, that too can cause issues.

To verify the operation of the hardware, run a full diagnostic (F12 at powerup to get in).  Run this OUTSIDE Windows -- if any errors show up, contact Dell for repair support.

If no errors arise, start looking at your software settings and though you may be biased otherwise, carefully consider that your mid-range system just isn't up to running high-end software.  

Two other things to get rid of - which are both performance-sapping:

1.  McAfee antivirus -- use WIndows defender.  McAfee is very resource-intensive.

2.  The Dell Support Assist software - uninstall or disable this.  It too saps system resources.

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

I understand what you are saying, fortunately I only require Photoshop for 2D editing as I create marketing materials for a few companies, usually I carry out all of this work on my desktop, but since i have found this laptop to run it to a standard that I am more than happy with, I now have the luxury to do it on the go. 

In terms of gaming, that is not in my interest and therefore is not an issue for me, as mentioned previously I tested a game in order to get an idea of the GPU capabilities. 

After running a hardware diagnostic it has come back positive with no issues. Software settings are all set as they were out the box after doing a factory reset, prior to that I tried changing everything thing I could think of, including drivers for sound and graphics. 

Definetly a good call on McAfee and Dell software, have been meaning to remove McAfee as I am really not a fan of the software itself. Will be sure to do that

I am still getting the odd issue with sound crackling, battery seems okay now though and I am going to get some work done on Photoshop now to see how that performs

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

Please try the steps suggested by ejn63. For the audio crackling issue run a hardware diagnostics outside the OS again & click on quick audio test & check if the crackling issue is audible.

Try to fully charge the battery & use the computer without using Photoshop & check if the battery drain is abnormal.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

Thanks for the reply,

I have just tried the hardware diagnostics test again and sound test comes up completely clear with no crackling at all. 

I have just booted the laptop back up again after closing it down on 50% charge, only to find that it is critical battery 1% yet again 😞

Lewis

0 Kudos