Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

June 20th, 2019 12:00

New Dell G3 Wifi Issue

I recieved my G3 last week and did not have any problems with it until now. WiFi does not work at all and an error icon appears next to the network adapter in Device Manager. WiFi works sometimes after letting Supportassist diagnose Wireless issues but usually nothing happens and the fix only works for a maximum of five minutes.

I have tried reinstalling the factory image, reinstalling windows, downgrading Bios, updating and downgrading Intel AC 9462 drivers, Uninstalling SmartByte and turning it off as well as resetting the BIOS to factory defaults.

I need help as I rely on wifi to use my laptop. Here are some snips from device manager. Any help is appreciated, I would preferably not get it repaired if possible and rather fix it by myself first.

problem.PNGproblem2.PNG

October 10th, 2019 10:00

Same problem with me. Have been struggling for a year now. No possible solution from either Dell, Windows or even Intel team.

February 3rd, 2021 22:00

Any solutions, a couple years on and my device is out of warranty and I'm having this issue too.

Thinking about swapping the wireless card out and seeing if that will fix it.

Thank you.

2 Posts

February 27th, 2022 23:00

I am facing the similar issue in my Inspiron 3501 which is less than 1 month old. Have you guys found any solution. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks  

• 

16.7K Posts

March 14th, 2022 08:00

Ahbiz87,

Hope you had a chance to do the troubleshooting steps
I had suggested? Give us the maximum of the information needed to isolate the
issue better. We are looking forward to resolving the issue at the earliest. -

No Events found!