Highlighted
iman23
Bronze

New Dell Inspiron 5570 static noise when headphones connected

New Dell Inspiron 5570 static noise when headphones connected very annoying.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iman23
Bronze

Re: New Dell Inspiron 5570 static noise when headphones connected

The noise is also coming from the speakers. 

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

Hello. You could test the Realtek audio driver by switching to the Windows native audio driver.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).

2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

When the laptop boots up, it will look for Realtek files. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in the laptop and Windows would install that version of the Realtek, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
jhob
Copper

This sounds like the same issue as described here: 

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-5570-Audio-static-DPC-latency-issue/m-p/5667806

It's a driver issue, causing audio latency that results in the static pops and clicks.

Despite over a month of searching I'm yet to come up with a fix for it.

I agree it is maddening.

0 Kudos
Boberry
Copper

I read in another post that a user tried several things but the one things that fixed it was updating the BIOS. I just got my 5570 on Monday. This is the first time using the headphones. I just so happen to have a BIOS update waiting so I'm going to see if that fixes it. I'll report back if it does.

0 Kudos
Boberry
Copper

Turns out it was an easy fix for me. I was listening while connected to a monitor with an audio jack over HDMI. I was not using that jack because it sounds terrible. I forgot that jack was there. When I was trying to figure things out I ran the audio troubleshooter and it replaced he Realtek driver with the generic one. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, rebooted, and disabled the HDMI monitor since it was listed as the default. No more popping.

0 Kudos