Highlighted
HarleyQ
1 Copper

New Inspiron 15 5000 - defective?

New Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop is defective? I purchased from QVC and do not see sticker of authenticity on bottom and laptop has not worked correctly after only having it for a few days.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: New Inspiron 15 5000 - defective?

The bottom of the computer should have a sticker with the express service code and the service tag numbers. But if you are looking for a Windows 10 sticker, you will not find one. That stopped with Windows 8.1. The keys are now embedded in the BIOS and the system is digitally licensed with MS.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
HarleyQ
1 Copper

Hi JOcean!
I do see an express service code and a service tag code. It is not on a sticker, but rather on the bottom in black area with other writing, logos etc. 
Thanks for your quick response. I am going to have to return the laptop though because it was having one problem after another. I am really disappointed because this laptop was suppose to come with the camera which was able to face front and rear, but it did not have that option as advertised. When the pc was working correctly I really liked it's features and thought I had another Dell that would last long, but I guess not. I don't know if the problems I had with it it had anything to do with windows 10. 
I called Dell and really did not get anywhere. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the system you get to replace it will fulfill your expectations.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos