Highlighted
Aman_96
1 Copper

New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series - 7577 Unusual Noises

Hello. I recently purchased a New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series - 7577 laptop. I purchased the 4K UHD + 512 GB PCLE NVME M.2 SSD configuration. Upon inspection, I have noticed quiet grinding and beeping noises coming from the area where the "Nvidia Geforce GTX" and "intel Core i7 7th Gen" stickers are located when booting up and shutting down the machine, restarting the machine, putting the machine to sleep and waking it up and when browsing through the folders in the hard disk drive folder. I also noticed the same noises when watching youtube videos in Firefox at random times(after 30 seconds during the first video than after 3 minutes during the longer second video). I also ran several diagnostic tests on the HDD which resulted in the same noises being heard. It passed all the tests, however. Again, quiet but still unusual. It can be heard clearly when your head is at desk level. As i was typing this, i heard the noise again for a second. I am wondering if anyone knows and can tell me weather or not this is normal behavior. I would hate to find out this is a problem after the return period. It was a very expensive machine. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lolametro
2 Iron

Re: New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series - 7577 Unusual Noises

As you noticed by yourself, it is the HDD.

It is normal for magnet based HDD drives to make noises because they contain moving parts. As long as the noise isn't extremely loud or scratchy (some examples here), and all tests have passed without any problem, there is nothing to worry about.

0 Kudos