Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Message

February 27th, 2020 14:00

New Inspiron 7590 has very slow performance

Just received an Inspiron 7590 I purchased through Dell Outlet.  After set up I ran 'userbenchmark' on it, the results were very poor - and terrible for some components like the GPU.  Every measure was below standard.

Whilst purchased through Dell Outlet, the machine was built only a few months ago.

Any thoughts on the poor performance?, should I try reinstalling the Drivers, would that make any difference?  Thanks.

- Inspiron 15 - 7590 Laptop - - 512G M.2 PCIE NVMe Solid State Drive - - 16GB (1X16GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC
5.0 - - 15.6 FHD(1920x1080)AG Backlit NT WVA - - Intel Core i7-9750H (6C,Upto4.50Ghz,12MB,45W) - - Software -
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3GB GDDR5 - - Windows 10 Home

293 Posts

February 28th, 2020 10:00

I think if "Refurbished," you have 30 days to return?  What is Standard?  Did you call Support?  Does it perform w/o looking at the Benchmark results? Put it through its paces.   Certain games..etc?  

HOW ACCURATE IS THE INTERNET "USERBENCHMARK???????

105 Posts

February 28th, 2020 18:00

There are too many system startup items, which affects the startup speed. Methods: Start-Run-msconfig-Startup-In the startup item, you only need to keep the ctfmon.exe input method and antivirus software, and the rest will be removed. Press Apply and OK. Turning off special effects in system properties is a simple and effective way to speed up. Right click My Computer-Properties-Advanced-Performance-Settings-In the visual effects, set to adjust to the best performance-OK. Right-click on the desktop—Properties—Desktop—Background—Select None; Color—Select Black; the desktop background has the greatest impact on boot speed; it should be removed. Screen saver—Select None. Cancel system standby and hibernation, as system standby or hibernation consumes all physical memory. Appearance—windows and buttons—choose classic style—color scheme—choose Windows classic. Keep up to ten or so; for some infrequently used icons should be removed from the desktop. For those that are not commonly used and you do not want to delete, you can focus on a folder. Method: Right-click on the desktop-arrange the icons-run the desktop cleanup wizard, you just follow the prompts to clean up. If your system's anti-virus software starts randomly when it is turned on, the anti-virus software will scan to check whether the icon link is poisonous. This takes a certain period of time, and the icon display will be slow. This is normal and not a computer problem. There are many online about this, you can go Search search. Start-Run-Enter regedit and press Enter. Open the registry editor, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory Management \ PrefetchParameters, find the EnablePrefetcher primary key on the right, and change its default value 3 to 1, so that the scroll bar scrolling time will be reduced. Right-click on "My Computer"-Properties-Hardware-Device Manager-click on "IDE ATA / ATAPI" option-double click on "secondary IDE channel"-advanced settings-device type, change "automatic detection" to "none "The main thing is to make the same settings for the IDE channel. In this way, your computer scroll bar can run up to three times, and the startup speed will be increased by more than three times. Enter gpedit.msc in Start → Run to open the Group Policy Editor. Find "Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Network → QoS Packet Scheduler", select "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" on the right, and select "Properties" to turn on Restriction Reservable In the Bandwidth Properties dialog box, select Disable. This frees up the reserved bandwidth. It is recommended to clean up system trash frequently (such as system trash files, system registry trash) and recommend you a small program to clean up system trash (see the final attachment). It is recommended to set the IE temporary files and virtual memory in your computer to a non-system disk. Do not open too many application software at the same time, and turn off the monitoring function of anti-virus software or other optimization software, because the monitoring function of anti-virus software or other optimization software particularly occupies system resources. Restart the computer. After booting to the desktop, a window will pop up, add a check in the small box, and click "OK" (because the system configuration utility has been changed). In addition, you should also pay attention to cleaning up system trash frequently and defragmenting disks on time. There are a lot of online in this regard, you should pay attention to search more. Finally, it is recommended that you download and install the Windows Optimization Master to comprehensively clean and optimize your system. After the software is cleaned and optimized, your system's operating speed and performance will definitely improve significantly. Attachment: In the lower left corner of the computer screen, press "Start → Programs → Accessories → Notepad", copy the following text (black part), click "Save As", select "Desktop" as the path, and save the type as "All Files" , The file name is "Clear System LJ.bat", and you're done. Remember that the suffix must be .bat, ok! That's it for your trash cleaner! Double-clicking it quickly cleans up junk files in less than a minute.

No Events found!