Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

April 17th, 2019 07:00

No Audio Output Device Installed

Hi,

Yesterday my audio device stopped working and it says No Audio Output Device Installed when I hover over sound icon.

In Device Manager, in Audio devices section there is a yellow warning sign at all of my drivers there. I tried uninstalling Realtek driver and then downloading and installing from Dell sites for my laptop model but it didn't fix the issue after complete installation. Also tried right-click on Realtek driver > Update Driver > Find driver in PC > Choose from the list... and then selecting Realtek. Didn't fix the issue.

Yesterday I was installing some plugins for audio design (from Slate Digital) but I don't know why would this happen.

Also tried going to Windows Restore Point before installation but still isn't working. 

Please help!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2019 07:00

Since I have no experience with the Plug-ins you installed, I could only say if the audio stopped working at that time, uninstall the plug-ins.

Next, open the Device Manager and look at the properties of the device.  There may be an Events tab so you could scroll down to the bottom and select a line you want to see the description for.  Maybe it will show you when some problem occurred and the driver or device failed.

4 Posts

April 17th, 2019 08:00

I opened Events tab and found that device was deleted and then that installation was requested and then that it was not emigrated, then that it was installed (so I guess this is when I was uninstalling and reinstalling the driver manually). However at General Tab I found this message (I'm using Czech language so the message will be translated so it might not be exactly the same as in English):

"Hardware device couldn't be launched "(or started/opened)", because configurational information (saved in register) are uncomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Also, do you think I will have to repair all audio drivers? (As I said I got warning sign at all audio devices) Or repairing one will cause that other ones will be repaired as well?

Edit: Already Googled it, found that I could fix it somehow in regedit

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

The Slate Digital situation is an unknown for me.  So I have no way to evaluate its contribution to any problems.

If you uninstall the Realtek Sound Device and check the box to uninstall all drivers, when you reinstall it may correct any problems in the registry.  If your plugins stop functioning, it would point to them being involved with those registry entries.

4 Posts

Just fixed the issue!

So what I've done:

Followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmgU4_JzLTU and found out that I didn't have same value in the registry so I typed in the value and saved and in the meantime I was INSTALLING the plugin again. After the installation I was asked to restart computer again so I did and now it works! However it may not be working after next restart because the installation was finishing after the first restart and could overwrite the reigstry. If so, I know the fix now. 

Thank you for your time

4 Posts

And if it would not be caused by plugin installation? I already tried checking the box after selecting Uninstall driver and it didn't help.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

@seblis wrote:
And if it would not be caused by plugin installation?

Only you can determine if the plug-ins are involved.  Are you running any type of Registry Cleaner?

If you have already reinstalled and don't feel it will help, I don't know of anything else to do except possibly use a Bluetooth or USB headset/speakers..

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2019 15:00

Glad to see you got it back but I do have two comments.

First, what might have changed the setting which caused the problem?  Secondly, if you think it may happen again, you might export the key so you could just import it the next time.

1 Message

December 30th, 2019 14:00

Had the same problem (no audio devices in Sound control panel window, code 19 error on Realtek device in Device Manager), tried to fix it for more than an hour.

Reinstalling Realtek drivers didn't help, but fixing the registry entry from the video (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} with Class == "MEDIA", resetting "UpperFilters" from binary garbage to "ksthunk") worked as a charm. Thanks for the link!

No Events found!