Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 16:00

No sound Inspiron 5576 Gaming

Have two gaming 5576 laptops with the same issue. No sound coming from headphones or speakers. The taskbar sound icon has an x. Device manager states that I’m running an AMD high definition audio device but it’s supposed to be a Realtek audio device. Called tech support with no resolution. Formatted and reinstalled several times but I get sound for a few days then it’s gone again. When I right click on the taskbar sound icon it tells me Speaker setup (unknown). I ran all windows updates and even installed the correct audio driver from Dell. When I run a sound diagnostic it tells me to plug in the speaker, headset or headphone and that the audio peripheral doesn’t appear to be plugged in. Deleting the driver and having windows detect and re install does nothing. Bios is up to date too. For some reason I feel that I should be seeing more than just the High Definition Audio Device in device manager. When the sound was working ( for a bit ) the only game my son plays is Fortinite. We also made sure all the game sound settings are where they should be. Hoping someone could shed some light on this problem.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2019 16:00

I'm having the same issue, Have you figured it out Inspirion 5576

2 Posts

September 28th, 2019 19:00

Same issue here. I have the Inspiron 15 Gaming 5577, so not the exact same laptop, but almost. And I know it is definitely linked to the update I just got to Windows 10 version 1903.

Last night sound worked fine. Overnight the update installed. This morning, no sound. I tried the Troubleshooter, and the error is "audio peripheral doesn't appear to be plugged in". I tried uninstalling the driver, and restarting. The driver installs fine. But I still get no sound, and the same error about not having a device plugged in. I tried restarting the Windows Audio Service, which I read in another forum. No change.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am eager to try them.

2 Posts

September 29th, 2019 11:00

Just checking in to say I solved my sound problem. Maybe it will help you also, even though you have the 5576, and I have the 5577. In my case I had to install the original Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. I had removed it several months ago and was using the default "High Definition Audio Device" since it worked better with bluetooth speakers connected. However at the suggestion in one forum I found, I decided to try it, and it worked!

I'm not happy that I'm back to Realtek, but at least I have sound.

Best wishes for your problem!

1 Message

November 7th, 2019 02:00

Since there isn't a resolution to this issue, I'm going to assume that it's a defect of some kind. Maybe vulnerable to certain types of shock? I too, have this problem and it's extremely annoying. Other than the sound issue, fairly happy with the laptop. Does anyone read these and respond with a REAL solution? Uninstalling and re-installing the driver DOES NOT do any good. I shouldn't have to use a Bluetooth device in conjunction with my laptop. Especially when the system boasts internal speakers with built-in "subwoofer".

1 Message

January 16th, 2020 20:00

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I too have a 5576 with the exact same issue. I've tried reset and also a full format and reinstall of Win 10 using external media. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers, latest version as well as legacy versions (suggestions of conflict between latest version and Win10 build 1903), all to no avail. Device Manager shows AMD Audio (for HDMI audio out) but no Realtek, even though a Realtek folder appears in Programs (x86). Running audio diagnostics in BIOS proves that the speaker is connected and working, but no joy in Windows. Laptop is out of warranty so Dell don't seem interested in helping, even though the hardware itself is fine. If it's a known issue surely there'd be a fix by now? 

Thanks in advance if anyway can advise while I still have some hair left.

3 Posts

January 17th, 2020 02:00

It’s unfortunate but I had no choice but to purchase two more laptops for my twins. There was no resolution to the problem as Dell was unable to resolve the issue. Swapping the motherboards twice wasn’t the answer which leads me to believe there was something not compatible with the on board sound device and Microsoft driver. Rolling back Windows 10 prior to 1903 resolved the issue. 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

January 17th, 2020 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Mstrbj 

Sorry to hear that you had to rollback W10 just to resolve a sound issue!!!

Some here are of the mind set that W10 updates do not cause hardware problems and do not need to update drivers.

As you and others have found is that W10 updates do cause hardware problems and drivers do need to be updated!!!

Lets see if Dell really CARES and takes some initiative to resolve this problem!!!

Best regards and good luck,

U2

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 00:00

Hello

I have the same problem.

What do you recommend me to do?🥺

How can i delete the last windows updates?

Thank you Very much!

No Events found!