Highlighted
18vera
Bronze

No sound on Inspiron 13-7359 after Windows 10 secuity upgrade (14th May 2018)

Jump to solution

After this upgrade, sound didn't work. I searched and tried all the solutions I found (revert to previous sound controller, uninstall controllers so that they install again, etc.).The only thing that temporarily worked was uninstalling the upgrade (not immediately, but the day after it worked). Unfortunately, it upgrades again and here we are, with the same problem some days after the first one...

It's not the first and I guess it's not the last time with Windows 10. I'm really tired. What can you recommend me to fix it?

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: No sound on Inspiron 13-7359 after Windows 10 secuity upgrade (14th May 2018)

Jump to solution

18vera,

You can reinstall the chipset drivers, reboot the machine and then reinstall the audio drivers into the system. Hopefully, that will resolve the issue.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
sirscalawag
Copper

Re: No sound on Inspiron 13-7359 after Windows 10 secuity upgrade (14th May 2018)

Jump to solution

For me the latest BIOS update did the trick.  I previously tried updating the audio drivers but that didn't work.

0 Kudos
Elachim
Copper

Jump to solution

I too reinstalled BIOS and this worked instantly. Grateful for this board otherwise how would anyone know how to get sound working again after the Windows 10 May update?

0 Kudos