raj_16
1 Copper

PRODUCT FAILURE

After every two months since my purchase the hard drive of my dell Inspiron crashes with the same error code. It's just been around 7 months and it has troubled thrice with same issue. No response when asked for replacement of this faulty protect. Only think remains is to wait for technical support. Help me with replacement. Or do provide a permanent solution because the tech support is silent when I ask who will ensure me the product won't trouble again. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: PRODUCT FAILURE

What is the exact diagnostic error and validation code (i.e., 2000-0142, 2000-0146, etc.)?

Have they really replaced the hard drive five or more times?

0 Kudos
raj_16
1 Copper

Its 2000-0142, the hard drive will be replaced for the third time now within a span of just 4 months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
raj_16
1 Copper

shall I wait for five crashes?? I'm a student of computer science who is in a need of laptop everytime ,I can't afford such troubles again and again. **bleep** lot of people around me are using laptops they don't get any trouble for years.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Something's seriously wrong to cause four drives to fail in that period of time.  Is the system running abnormally hot, or being used improperly (bumped around on a lap, for instance, as opposed to being used on a flat, stable surface)?

If these have all been the same make of drive, ask for a different model -- or upgrade to a solid state drive.

0 Kudos
raj_16
1 Copper

The system is in a very proper and normal usage. I'm doing no experiments with my system and dell is not ready to replace the system how shall I ask for different model. They are just doing a hit and trial operation first time they replaced hard drive the next time they replaced the cable as well and this time they have shipped the motherboard as well.But they are not ready to ensure this will fix the problem.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

They won't replace a system with a different model but they might be willing to replace the drive with a different model - if all the failed drives are Seagates, they may have come from the same bad batch;  see if they'll ship a WD drive.

What model system is this, and what software is it running?

0 Kudos
raj_16
1 Copper

They have replaced the hard drive of same type everytime whatever model/brand it was out of the box I don't exactly know.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron i5-3567/4G/1T/Ubuntu out of the box.And it was running ubuntu only when I purchased. After the first crash I was advised by dell to install Windows but it also did not solve the problem. Then after the second crash it was running ubuntu only when it crashed again.

0 Kudos