Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

March 19th, 2019 19:00

Password dell inspiron 15 5000 series

I bought this laptop at least a year ago I don’t know much about computers I can’t remember my password and it won’t let me reset passwaord says I need to enter a flash drive so I did but I never setup a password save how can I reset my password?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 20th, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. Is the system showing a BIOS password or is it for the Windows password?  If it is the latter, our options are limited & you will need to reset the password from the Microsoft account page, you can follow the instructions here

If it is the BIOS or hard drive password, please share the registered name & email address on a private message. I will be glad to assist you.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.         

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

February 17th, 2021 19:00

Hi, I am having this same problem with my Inspiron 15 5000 series, it is showing for the BIOS password. How do I get that? @SreejithR 

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

February 18th, 2021 03:00

Place a voice call to Dell support;  they'll unlock the system for you on verification of ownership.

No Events found!