Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

May 15th, 2021 02:00

Payment received by DELL but order not placed (Not even confirmed the order)

I bought a DELL laptop Inspiron 14 (Price: Rs. 56,099) online at DELL.com on May 12th, 2021. I purchased the laptop using Google pay. The amount was deducted from my Account (Union Bank of India) but no confirmation regarding the order placement has been received (neither through the mail nor on the order status on DELL.com).

I have enquired about my transaction by registering my complaint on May 13th, 2021 at the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). NPCI replied on the same day and said that “the funds have been successfully credited to the beneficiary (recipient) merchant's account”.

Now if I want to check my order status, it is asking for the Order number which I have not received. Also, it was mentioned that “If you have recently placed an order, it can take up to 48 hours for the information to update”. Now it has been three days (72 hours) since I have placed the order but no mail regarding order confirmation has been received and the status on the website is also not updated.

Customer care numbers are only active during Monday-Friday. I have mailed my complaint on India_CSB_Care@dell.com on May 13th, 2021 but no response was received. I am also constantly complaining at DELL’s social media network on Facebook to refund my order amount but the problem is still the same and not satisfactory. They are taking undue time to just give information about my order.

Considering the situation, kindly look into the matter at the earliest and refund the amount (Rs. 56, 099) paid for the product.

I expect that you have understood my problem now and will not ask for order ID, etc. (show some sense) in private messages and it will be solved soon.

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

May 15th, 2021 08:00

Hi 12.05.2021:

I'm not a Dell employee, but did you receive any automated email the same day you placed your online order with Dell that includes a Dell Purchase ID (DPID) number (which is different from a confirmed Order Number)?  Here's an image of the initial email I received on 01-Aug-2019 when I purchased my Inspiron 5584 (note that the subject line is "Dell Order Has Been Acknowledged").  If you received a similar email there should be link to an Order Support webpage where you can enter your DPID number and check the status of your order.  I live in Canada and the Order Support link is https://www.dell.com/support/order-status/en-us/order-support but I don't know if that link is the same in India.  Also note that my email said that it can sometimes take up to 5 business days before you receive your order confirmation.

Dell Email Order Has Been Acknowledged 01-Aug-2019.png

I never received the promised order confirmation email within 5 business days that included an Order Number but I was able to enter the Dell Purchase ID (DPID) number on that Order Support page to check the status of my order.  I eventually discovered the issue [Dell was unable to process my order because my credit card company (VISA) had flagged the transaction as a suspicious charge and stopped payment - which I know is very different from your situation where your bank has confirmed the payment has been received by Dell] but I should add that I have never had a good experience with Dell customer support via e-mails, private messages or social media feeds since purchasing my Inspiron 5584

I see you posted in the Customer Care board at Payment Done But Order Not Placed yesterday so hopefully one of the DELL-Cares employees will provide assistance there soon.
----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v20H2 build 19042.985 * Firefox v88.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2104.14 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.3.0.98
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

May 15th, 2021 14:00

Hello Imacri,

Thanks for the information but I have not received any automated mail containing DPID number through which I can track. 

Based on the complaint, Sales Account Manager mailed and called today and asked to provide product details so that he will get the order details updated today. But nothing updated till now. Waiting for his response else will reach out to him again tomorrow.

May 31st, 2021 11:00

Same happened with me too on 27 May .How I can try to get the refund back. Any pointers for the same.

thanks in advance

October 31st, 2021 22:00

Same thing happened to me.. I am in panic now.. Whether u received your refund or not? .. Pls reply me 

No Events found!