Start a Conversation

Unsolved

GJ

3 Posts

June 1st, 2018 05:00

Permanently Remove Dropbox Promotion on Windows 10

Anyone have any ideas on how to permanently remove the Dropbox 20 GB promotion that comes with new Dell Laptops?  I've used the "Add or Remove Programs" feature in the settings of Windows 10 at least 4 times but the program keeps coming back. I have a suspicion that when the Dell Update program runs it downloads the promotion again so it pops up after a reboot. I'd like to keep the Dell Update program for now so any other ideas on how to get rid of the promotion would be appreciated.

Inspiron 5566 Running Windows 10 Pro

Thank you

• 

16.7K Posts

June 1st, 2018 06:00

Glass Joe,

Windows 10:

Click Start.

Click Settings.

Click System.

Click Apps & features.

Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.

Click Uninstall.

Restart your computer to complete the uninstall.

How to Disable Dropbox Notifications Windows 10

Click on the “Notifications” (or “Action center”) button in the FAR bottom right corner of the screen – just to the right of the clock.  You will see the “Action Center” pop out from the right hand side of the screen.

Now Right-Click on the Dropbox Notification(s).  You will see two buttons appear: one that says “Go to notification settings” and one that says “Turn off notifications for this group”

1. Now left-click on “Turn off notifications for this group”.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

June 1st, 2018 06:00

Might be coming from Dell Digital Delivery. Not sure though.

June 6th, 2018 05:00

I appreciate the response, thank you!

June 6th, 2018 05:00

Thank you for the reply Jesse.  I've uninstalled the app and restarted a number of times but it keeps coming back.  I'd like the app to not re-install permanently in lieu of just not having notifications pop up.  Any other thoughts on what is re-installing this app?  The Dell Update program?   There are no settings to modify on the Dell Update program so I'm not sure how to trouble shoot that except remove that it as well.   

December 22nd, 2019 15:00

The app is now called "Dropbox Promotion," just in case some new people are asking this end-of-2019.

1.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2019 20:00

Hmm never got this offer sure could use 20GB in my dropbox

No Events found!