Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2018 10:00

Pop sound on Dell Inspiron 7580

Hello, I've a brand new Dell Inspiron 7580 with a very frustrating problem (in addition of coil whine)! When I play video or music, sound starts and stops with a pop. When I browse pages and forums with muted embedded video, expecially when scrolling that pages, I can hear continuos pops like sound will start. In some forums someone says that it is the sound card in sleep mode that wakes up and than in sleep mode again. In the second case countinous transitions from sleep to wake, sleep again and wake again and so on. Someone has the same issue?

https://youtu.be/QhjW8qQLUJ4

You can hear it after every windows system sound.

Thanks

Simon

14 Posts

December 19th, 2018 13:00

A lot of people have this problem with popping sound because of the power management and sleeping sound card. There seems to be no way to turn the power management off either since the new drivers don't let us turn it off with regedit.

You could prevent the sound card from sleeping with Soundmix though. Please refer to this post:

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Speakers-popping-on-Inspiron-15-7567/m-p/5155487/highlight/true#M929649

December 19th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for your message. 

Kindly help me in understanding the below details in order to assist you further.

• Sound occurrence on offline media? :
  • External devices connected? :
  • Audio driver refresh : device manager > sound/video > audio driver > uninstall (do not check box, delete driver) Restart system , version of audio driver and bios installed? :
  • Version of windows build on system : 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Fuzail M) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. 

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

7 Posts

January 15th, 2019 11:00

Thanks! This worked for me!
No Events found!