johanfor82
1 Nickel

Power Problem

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7577. Lately I am having this issue while switching on the laptop. For example, I use the laptop on battery then switch it off normally. Later on when I plug it to the adapter it won't turn on when I push the power button. I have to remove the power adapter, switch it on in battery mode, then I have to connect the laptop to the power adapter after it boots up. Also I've noticed that the CAPS LOCK button keeps on the light indicator ON during this process. Any suggestions please? Thanks
3 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: Power Problem

Have you done any BIOS or driver updates lately?  

I would reset the BIOS to defaults and see if that helps.  Even deeper, do a CMOS memory reset by removing the backup battery CR2032 for 10 minutes.  Run the hardware diagnostics, accessed by F12 at power on.

If nothing shows up, I would have the AC power supply checked as a first step.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
johanfor82
1 Nickel

Thanks for your reply.

I've noticed that I have switched my Alienware adpater with my Dell adapter. They have the same wattage and looks exactly the same. Even the model number is the same.

The problem is not 100% solved. Sometimes my Dell laptop takes around 20 seconds to start booting up(i.e. before the Dell emblem appears). I don't know whether this may be the cause, but I've noticed that after a shutdown, if I remove a USB device from one of my laptop's connections (e.g. an external USB mouse or keyboard), this 20 seconds lag occurs.

Can this be the cause? Any ideas please?

Thanks again

Johan

Larsenal
1 Nickel

I have the same problem. You seemed to have figured it out more though! It didnt used to do  this from my experience. Kinda gives you a little mini heart-attack, I always feel like it might be stuck like that forever XD

0 Kudos