Highlighted
1 Copper

Precision m90 BSOD

Hello
I have Dell Precision M90 with win 10 32bit, with all working drivers, and last version of win 10 with all updates. I have one problem with graphics card. When i connect external monitor i get BSOD, some time instantly when i connect the monitor, and some time after few minutes. I have nvidia quadro fx2500m with driver version 259.47
Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Precision m90 BSOD

Hi niikoolaaa,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

First I have a few questions:

Does the monitor function correctly when connected to another laptop?
Does the laptop function correctly when connected to another monitor?
What method are you using to connect the monitor to the laptop?
Does the laptop function correctly without an external monitor connected?

Depending on the answers, it may be either a software or hardware related issue.  To rule out hardware, please perform a system diagnostics by either pressing F12 at startup or by using Dell Support Assist.  

If the laptop hardware checks out, then I would start looking at the monitor, the cable, the connection (at both ends) and the motherboard connection.  Next, I would suspect the GPU, and if that's okay, then it could be the monitor.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Troubleshooting Display or Video Issues on Dell Laptop LCD Panel

Problems With Desktop Monitors and Laptop Screens

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thanks for replying.
I have one HP and Lenovo, and both of them working fine on the same monitor. But on that same monitor dell crashes. I have second hdd, and on this hdd i have win xp. On win xp, dell work perfect with dual monitor (same monitor as hp, lenovo). I think that problem is related to driver. Is anything i can do to fix this issue on win 10 with my Dell? Anything else is working perfect on win 10, but dual monitor crashes constantly. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

How are you connecting the cable from the computer to the monitors?  Which ports, what type of cables?

How to Setup Multiple Monitors 

0 Kudos