Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

24 Posts

March 5th, 2019 21:00

Problem with Dell Power Manager

I have a problem installing Dell Power Manager on a Dell 5570 laptop.
I download it from here :https://www.dell.com/support/home/gr/el/grdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=dv16w&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-5570-laptop,

but installer keeps showing attached error.

Any help?

https://mega.nz/#!WAZlFSgS!DlwGjqektw5WyyyNQZXthAWFo4nkKwb6uq5q5TdLA9A

24 Posts

March 15th, 2019 05:00

Anyone ?

March 15th, 2019 05:00

I have a fair bit of skepticism on opening random links so I have not opened it, but if your experience with attempting to install the Dell Power Manager has been similar to mine, do you get the error the installer was interrupted? It looks like--according my install logs--the program is not signed properly which I believe is causing some antivirus and other security protection measures to block the installation.

This is one of the first things I see in the logs.

"DellPowerManager.msi is not digitally signed"

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 15th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. Please remove all entries of Dell power manager from the programs list. Complete all Windows updates & then install from the link once you check the compatibility list.

What is the system model in question here?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.      

How to locate the service tag

24 Posts

March 15th, 2019 15:00

@NathanW123 Exactly the same problem with mine.

9.4K Posts

March 18th, 2019 04:00

Hi mathewgz12,

Were you able to locate the updated driver here?

24 Posts

March 18th, 2019 21:00

@Anonymous-rober p , yes. The problem still exists.

9.4K Posts

March 19th, 2019 03:00

mathewgx12,

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

March 19th, 2019 04:00

To be honest, Dell Power Manager is little cheapo application - it didn't meet my expectation.

I uninstalled it initially but my idioms laptop started making noise, seems like over-speeding of HDA and battery was draining so fast.

Then I reinstalled it again. Even now when I start the laptop Dell Power Manager window appears suddenly then go off. Annoying!

1 Message

November 19th, 2019 13:00

We ran into this same issue when installing the Power Manger Service on our recent Dell Laptops.  Same exact error message, with the installer failing, and rolling back.  I searched all over and no one had a solution, but I really wanted to try out this app in our organization.

I tried it on multiple models (Latitude 5500, Latitude 7400, Latitue 5300 2-in-1, and Precision 3540).

I noticed that when I imaged the laptop with a base Windows image, and no drivers installed, i could install the application without a problem.  When i applied the driver cab from dell, it blocked the install, and i got the same error you posted.

After trial and error I was able to resolve which driver was causing the problem on all four models.

When the Intel Wireless Driver was removed, the application installed without error.

The driver version that I had issues with was 21.20.1.1.  This driver is in the Dell CAB file for the Latitude 5500 still as of 11-19-2019, and probably many others.  I realize CABs are usually behind for stability, and i found this driver was from July 2nd 2019.

The new driver that worked for me was 21.50.1, direct from Intel's website.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29124/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?product=99446

After updating my wifi adapter to this new driver, I was able to install the Dell Power Manager service and app without any issue.

This worked for my situation and the models I listed.  I am imaging with Windows 10 Enterprise.

Hope this helps someone out.

Thanks

1 Message

December 12th, 2019 06:00

Thank you Dan10250C same issue here...

Come on Dell in the Version A04 (1/12/2019) there is the same old intel driver implemented. Please update it in the cabs!!!

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/how16905/latitude-7400-2-in-1-windows10-driver-pack?lang=en

1 Message

April 20th, 2020 05:00

Wow, this actually helped me install the power manager. Thank you very much!

4 Posts

September 22nd, 2020 04:00

Same problem here...

3 Posts

November 14th, 2021 02:00

Dell power manger not working in Windows 11

2 Posts

December 20th, 2021 09:00

Are you found any solution

No Events found!