PN12496
2 Bronze

Processor fan failed to respond correctly

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 and just recently my laptop gave me this error during its startup. My BIOS is up to date and I have run the diagnostics already, same error pops up. The fans does not work when idle nor when in a game. Does this mean that I need to buy new fans?

My warranty has expired for awhile now.

17 Replies
JOcean
6 Gallium

Re: Processor fan failed to respond correctly

Try blowing out the vents with canned air.  If you have run full system diagnostics from F12 and the same error is displayed then you are probably looking at a bad fan. If the fan is not working then I have to assume the system is shutting down as the CPU will overheat.

Dell Spare Parts at 800-357-3355..have your service tag when/if you call.

Or

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=141&subid=964&refine=fan

Procedure

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/inspiron-15-7567-service-manua...

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/inspiron-15-7567-service-manua...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B-460 Torpedo MB with an Intel i5 10400
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430
0 Kudos
PN12496
2 Bronze

Hello,

I have cleaned the vent and ran the diagnostics, but the issue is still present. I left my laptop off throughout the night and just now, I ran the diagnostics again and the processor fan is working fine. I am still worried that it might be a fluke because I ran the same game again, but the fans are either not running or it is extremely quiet. Usually, the fans would be loud and very hard to miss, however, all I hear is my HDD's fan running. Is this an issue that I should continue to worry about?

EDIT: I ran a 2nd diagnostics test and everything is working properly, including the processor fan.

muratislam
2 Bronze

I have exactly the same issue on my Inpiron 17-7779 2in1.  Every now and again this fan error screen comes up..

20191116_212139 - Copy.jpg

jakeu1701
2 Bronze

same problem on Inspiron 15 3567, updated the bios and ran the diags, no change.

0 Kudos
Judy06
2 Bronze

I have the same error. Did you fix the fan already? How?

0 Kudos
sanskritiz
2 Bronze

Hey! I fixed mine!
I uninstalled any heavy softwares I didn't need, updated my BIOS, and cleaned it of as much useless stuff I didn't need. I also opened it and cleaned the fan with a makeup brush ( and dusted down the other components).
Now I prop my laptop up on 2 tins so that air can free flow!
Good luck!

0 Kudos
MHA_10
2 Bronze

Having exactly same issue. Fan would either be quite or won't run and Laptop will shutdown due to overheating.

0 Kudos
Dennys_309
2 Bronze

tengo el mismo problema todo fue de una actualizacion de windows 10, pero ya llevo cerca de 1 mes con el mismo error, descargue la nueva actualizacion de BIOS, la instalé y para finalizar el proceso me manda a reiniciar, y al momento de hacer ese proceso me manda la pantalla de processor fan failed to respond correctly, es decir nunca podre actualizar la bios ? ayuda urgente, por favor a que se debe error si es de hardware o software

0 Kudos
Meed07
2 Bronze

I have dell inspiron 15 3567 , and i have same issue , fan not running from 4 AM to 7 AM i dont know why but the other time work fine , i was like this since last week 

0 Kudos