Inspiron

Last reply by 10-10-2019 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Ram Inspiron 15 3576

Hi, guys,

I recently bought a laptop DELL Inspiron 15 3576 but is too lazy with win 10. So, I want to upgrade RAM memory but I don't know what is the best compatible model/manufacturer. I checked and i found that inside is 1 single slot occupied and another is free for upgrade. In the manual it is specified https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-3576-laptop_setup-guide_en-us.pdf this:

Capture.PNG

At dell.com/support, for my laptop I found this, but I really don't understand what means 1RX16 and S: from these specificationsimage.pngPlease somebody can help me with an advice? What kind of 8GB shall I buy? and what manufacturer is the best, in order to be compatible with the existing one? including frequency and latency?

CPU tool says that the frequency of existing RAM is 1/2 of dell specifications (1200MHz).

Thank you very much!

image.png

Labels (1)
Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Glad to help out..that's why we are all here!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B-450M Pro-VDH Max budget build with an Athlon 3000G
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (4)
6 Indium

Please remove your service tag for your safety and security.

All you have to know is you need DDR4 2400 MHz RAM. Your system can hold 4 or 8 GB modules per slot and you have 2 slots. You can have a total (which is both slots combined) of either 4, 8, or 12 GB (though Crucial lists 16 GB as a guaranteed maximum compatible total so I suspect the 12 GB spec is a misprint).  So either add a 4 GB module or an 8 GB module. As far as make of RAM, there are many quality manufacturers. Dell uses a variety such as Hynix, Micron (which supplies memory to Crucial), Samsung, and others. You can purchase RAM from Dell but if you go to a retail site then Crucial is usually very compatible with Dell systems.

As for the CPU-Z report. That 1200 you are seeing is the frequency. Since you have DDR (double data rate) RAM you multiply times 2 which gives you 2400. The CPU-Z report is right and you are running 2400 MHz RAM.

Now the best way to purchase RAM and guarantee compatibility is to buy a matched pair. So either two 4 GB modules or two 8 GB modules. That way you are sure to run in dual channel.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-15-(3576)

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Gaming on a home built with MSI B-450M Pro-VDH Max budget build with an Athlon 3000G

Thanks a lot for the advice and recommandations!

ps: I just removed the service tag ID. 

Glad to help out..that's why we are all here!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Community Accepted Solution

Hello.. I have  a Inspiron 3576.

I added 2x16gb ddr4 2400 mhz and worked.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions