Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2023 06:00

Reset and update/recovery system stuck in a reset loop. Inspiron 3501

I tried to restore the system to the factory settings, and got stuck in a restart loop for like 2 days. I tried the reset and update option, and the same. I tried to re install windows 10 from an usb drive, and I get the message :"not signed device found...". 

I looked up for how long should the process take and says that betweem 30 minutes to 3 hours 

The laptop doesn't even has a year of use.

If someone has any ideas would be great. I'm running out of resources. Thanks in advance

2 Posts

February 12th, 2023 17:00

The issue was that the drivers that make Windows read the disk (IRS Intel Rapid Storage) weren't available or something like that, I have to download it (I download both available just in case) and then proceed with the installation and when the issue shows look for the folder where the drivers were

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 6th, 2023 06:00

This page at Minitools may help with the not signed device error. If you find that you still cannot reset the system then a clean install of Windows 10 found here or Windows 11 found here (you did not specify the OS on your system) using the media creation tool may help. The media creation tool will create a bootable flash drive to clean install Windows.

1 Rookie

• 

223 Posts

February 6th, 2023 23:00

Hi

This may not be any use, but it may be that creating a Ventoy repair disk with 

HBCD and Linux MINT (you dont need all ten) may help.

2Aventoy.png

No Events found!