Kiranbabup
1 Copper

Rotation lock greyed out

I recently brought Dell inspiron 17 2 in 1 laptop and i can see Rotation lock greyed out (Display --> Table Mode --> Rotation Lock) . please let me know how to enable it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Rotation lock greyed out

Kiranbabup,

Click the link below to choose your system and OS from the list. Download the Intel Integrated Sensor Hub Driver.

Support.dell.com

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

You have opened the lid more than 180 degrees to enable the option?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

meowkung
1 Copper

I have the same problem with my Inspiron 15 5568 2-in-1. I reinstall both Intel Integrated Sensor Hub Driver and Intel HD Graphics Driver. It didn't work

0 Kudos
Sean IWE
1 Copper

Thank you Saltgrass, you nailed it.  

@Saltgrass wrote:
You have opened the lid more than 180 degrees to enable the option?

So I opened my Dell 17 7000 laptop past the 180 degree mark and watched as the Rotation Lock went from grayed out to "Active".  But prior to that I did have to make sure that the tablet mode settings were set to "When I sign in: Use the appropriate mode for my hardware" and "When the  device automatically switches tablet mode on or off : Always ask me before switching"

Thanks for helping fixing a frustrating and time losing situation for me. Regards, 

0 Kudos