swroberts
1 Copper

Rubber ring like thingys underneath touchpad buttons n7010

Hello,

Dell N7010

My touchpad buttons have been a little sluggish for the last couple of years, and recently I needed to replace the keyboard, so I continued and took off the palm rest to give the old buttons a little tlc.

So I took off the palm rest to clean it and there were these little rubber circles that were between the the bottom of the touch pad button and the mouse button of the circuit board.

Mine are cracked and somewhat flattened and I noticed, now that the buttons are somewhat clean, that there is a crispness missing from the buttons, so there is not a click when u press...but more of a mush.  The circuit board buttons work just find with no discernible issue. 

Does anyone know the official term for these or where I can find a replacement.  I would hate to have to replace the entire palm rest for this.

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Rubber ring like thingys underneath touchpad buttons n70

These are not going to be available as a separate part - and it's unlikely parts sellers will sell them separately.  The only real solution is to replace the touchpad (and or the complete palmrest assembly).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
swroberts
1 Copper

Re: Rubber ring like thingys underneath touchpad buttons n70

BAH...

Wish I knew the name of the darn thing...

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos