QA_BA
1 Copper

Scale full screen option isn't working with ext HDMI display

Dear Dell Engineers!
I'm a big dell fan! I had an alienware but it died, and I've purchased a cheaper laptop.

It is a huge problem with "scale full screen" option that I've discussed on intel forum.

They told me to contact dell community.
Please check the discussion with intel

https://communities.intel.com/thread/127393

Thank you!

p.s. very well, forum admin. I was allowed to enter my post here, but after clicking "submit" button, I was sent to login/registration page, I've registered an account, came back - and the posting I was entering for 20 minutes was completely lost. Do you have software testers in the website development team?

34245.original-8347.jpgitem_XL_11099377_28843698.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Scale full screen option isn't working with ext HDMI dis

No engineers here, just users helping other users. What model laptop? (edit your post to remove the tag since that is not allowed in this public forum)  See if there are control buttons on the external monitor. Using an HDMI to VGA adapter cable will not work. That is your problem. One is digital and the other not. 

Sorry for the sign in glitch. We have all done that same thing since the forum has been updated. After signing in Dell will auto save your post until you actually post it-even for a diff sign in. 

0 Kudos
QA_BA
1 Copper

Re: Scale full screen option isn't working with ext HDMI dis

Thank you for your reply.
model 3552-0569

Please read the whole discussion with intel. I've said that I've tested the problem with the direct HDMI-HDMI connection and it didn't help. The problem still remains.

0 Kudos