Highlighted
SallyITTech
Copper

Slow Performance Inspirion 15 - 3565

Hi everyone

My company just purchased 53 of these Dell Inspirion 15 - 3565 computers.  Our specs are 8 gb ram memory with Processor specs - AMD A9-9400 RADEON R5, 2.40 GHz.  This computer also came preinstalled with Windows 10.  This computer seems to move so slow.  I have bumped up the performance.  But the lag when I am on any browser is almost unbearable to use.  I checked my drivers and everything is up to date.  I noticed when I configured each laptop, that there seem to be a drag, but I just thought it was because the whole setup.  Is there anything I can do to speed this up.  We were going to order more of these, but with this performance, I am not going to recommend these at all.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ieee488
Diamond

Re: Slow Performance Inspirion 15 - 3565

Is it by chance downloading Windows 10 updates? Tons of those.
0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

These are low-end systems -- and if they came with conventional hard drives, the drive is the single slowest component in the system.  Replacing the hard drives (or ordering future systems with native solid state drives) will boost performance immensely.

0 Kudos
SallyITTech
Copper

Thank you for replying.  How can I tell if the hard drive is the conventional hard drive or not?

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

You can check your specs at support.dell.com -- however, all the configurations for this model show hard drives -- not solid state drives, so it's unlikely you have an SSD.  All these models sell at a price point (below $500) where including a solid state drive just isn't possible.

Once you hit the $700-1000 price point, solid state drives become much more common.

0 Kudos

Hi Copper,

Did you find solution to this slowness? I bought one laptop for personal use with exact same model and specs. It is almost unusable most of the time. Simple browsing, office docs, file browsing every thing is so slow. Even connecting wifi network is troublesome. I does not find and connect to my home wifi most of the time.

Thanks,

Rajendra

0 Kudos
help123a
Silver

It may be faster with only 4gb of ram. If there are 2 4gb sticks installed, try removing one.

Mine is A6 9200 processor with 4gb of ram and snappy. Since it has 2 memory slots I ordered another 4gb today and will soon find out if it slows the lowend processor down trying to use it.

Another option for you is write down the Windows 10 key for each device. Download a Windows 10 install and burn to cd. Deleting what Dell has on it and doing fresh Windows installs also increases speed, and costs nothing. 

0 Kudos
help123a
Silver

Ignore previous post.

See FPS fluctuation post below, follow instructions to set Power Management to Maximum Performance.

You will notice a big difference. They have it set low because this device does not have much for a battery.

0 Kudos