Inspiron

2 Bronze

Slow boot

It takes 1 minute and 18 seconds to show logo before loading the win10. Is it a hardware issue?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Glad to know Dell Support were able to help speed up the computer's boot time. If Mcafee software is on computer, I suggest disabling software in your Task Manager (Startup). You can always come back and re-able it in future if you desire.

Open Task manager > startup> disable Mcafee

I see it's a hard drive (1TB HDD) that installed in the computer. After reinstalling windows 10, you still aren't satisfied with the boot time then I strongly suggest replacing the hard drive with a much speedy solid-state drive or keep the hard drive but add a solid-state drive for booting. 

Please view Inspiron 3593 Storage Specification for additional information in link below:

Inspiron 3593 Setup and Specifications | Dell US

Also, check out the video in link below, hopefully this help with your decision with upgrading or adding an SSD to your computer:

Dell Inspiron 15 3593 - SSD and HDD Upgrade and Repair ...

Thanks for the update and sharing Dell model information. 

Just in case you need it....

Inspiron 3593 Service Manual | Dell US

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (8)
6 Indium

It may be. Run diagnostics (tapping F12 immediately at boot) and watch for any errors such as drive errors.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B-450M Pro-VDH Max budget build with an Athlon 3000G
Real work on a Latitude E5430

Thanks for your help. I do the Pre-boot System Performance Check, it show "No issues were found". 

Is it normal to show logo with more than 1 minute and without hardware error? 

And from power on to show windows desktop it takes 3 minutes and 17 seconds.

SupportAssist  doesn't improve the performance.

Good to know Dell Diagnostic didn't find any hardware problems. 

So, it takes about 4minutes and 17 seconds to boot into windows10, that is a long time.

Keep in mind, your computer might be installing a window update or the Antivirus software might be scanning for viruses during startup. 

This will cause the computer to take a long time to boot. Too many programs and application running at the same time during startup definite will cause the computer to take a very long time to boot into windows. Please disable some of the unnecessary programs running in your Startup. Just right click the bottom of taskbar, click on Task Manager, select Startup, you'll see all programs running in your bootup.

It doesn't help if a hard drive (5400 RPM) and 4GB of memory are installed inside computer. If this is the case, I suggest upgrading hard drive to a 5700 RPM or solid state drive and memory to 8GB and up. Do you know amount and type of hard drive (or SSD) and memory installed in your computer? If you don't know, read the Dell article in link below and please list hard drive / memory.

How to Check the System Configuration on Your Dell System | Dell US

Lastly, other things to try:

- Turn off Fast startup. Some people disable this feature and notice an increase speed in their boot time.

[Windows 10] How to disable Fast Startup in Windows | Official Support | ASUS Global

- Reinstall windows 10. This might help to speed things up in your startup

Note: Please list Dell model number for further assistance. Just type msinfo32 onto search box, stroll down to System model, you should see it now. 

System Information:

Dell Ispiron 3593

i7-1065G7, 8GB Memory, 1TB HDD

I've asked Dell's support, they remote log in and do some fixes, it performs a little bit better but not good enough comparing to my another more than 10 years desktop pc. I'll do reinstall windows.

Thank you.

Glad to know Dell Support were able to help speed up the computer's boot time. If Mcafee software is on computer, I suggest disabling software in your Task Manager (Startup). You can always come back and re-able it in future if you desire.

Open Task manager > startup> disable Mcafee

I see it's a hard drive (1TB HDD) that installed in the computer. After reinstalling windows 10, you still aren't satisfied with the boot time then I strongly suggest replacing the hard drive with a much speedy solid-state drive or keep the hard drive but add a solid-state drive for booting. 

Please view Inspiron 3593 Storage Specification for additional information in link below:

Inspiron 3593 Setup and Specifications | Dell US

Also, check out the video in link below, hopefully this help with your decision with upgrading or adding an SSD to your computer:

Dell Inspiron 15 3593 - SSD and HDD Upgrade and Repair ...

Thanks for the update and sharing Dell model information. 

Just in case you need it....

Inspiron 3593 Service Manual | Dell US

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
6 Gallium

Any updates Bobby1009? You ran Dell Diagnostic as Ocean suggested ?

Dell Diagnostic Tools to Diagnose and Fix Hardware Problems on Your Dell Computer, Tablet, or Server...

Yes, it shows  "No issues were found". 

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions