Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 22nd, 2021 03:00

Slow boot

It takes 1 minute and 18 seconds to show logo before loading the win10. Is it a hardware issue?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 24th, 2021 08:00

Glad to know Dell Support were able to help speed up the computer's boot time. If Mcafee software is on computer, I suggest disabling software in your Task Manager (Startup). You can always come back and re-able it in future if you desire.

Open Task manager > startup> disable Mcafee

I see it's a hard drive (1TB HDD) that installed in the computer. After reinstalling windows 10, you still aren't satisfied with the boot time then I strongly suggest replacing the hard drive with a much speedy solid-state drive or keep the hard drive but add a solid-state drive for booting. 

Please view Inspiron 3593 Storage Specification for additional information in link below:

Inspiron 3593 Setup and Specifications | Dell US

Also, check out the video in link below, hopefully this help with your decision with upgrading or adding an SSD to your computer:

Dell Inspiron 15 3593 - SSD and HDD Upgrade and Repair ...

Thanks for the update and sharing Dell model information. 

Just in case you need it....

Inspiron 3593 Service Manual | Dell US

Additional Video:

(edited)

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 22nd, 2021 05:00

It may be. Run diagnostics (tapping F12 immediately at boot) and watch for any errors such as drive errors.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2021 08:00

5 Posts

November 22nd, 2021 16:00

Thanks for your help. I do the Pre-boot System Performance Check, it show "No issues were found". 

5 Posts

November 22nd, 2021 16:00

Yes, it shows  "No issues were found". 

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2021 01:00

Is it normal to show logo with more than 1 minute and without hardware error? 

And from power on to show windows desktop it takes 3 minutes and 17 seconds.

SupportAssist  doesn't improve the performance.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2021 06:00

Good to know Dell Diagnostic didn't find any hardware problems. 

So, it takes about 4minutes and 17 seconds to boot into windows10, that is a long time.

Keep in mind, your computer might be installing a window update or the Antivirus software might be scanning for viruses during startup. 

This will cause the computer to take a long time to boot. Too many programs and application running at the same time during startup definite will cause the computer to take a very long time to boot into windows. Please disable some of the unnecessary programs running in your Startup. Just right click the bottom of taskbar, click on Task Manager, select Startup, you'll see all programs running in your bootup.

It doesn't help if a hard drive (5400 RPM) and 4GB of memory are installed inside computer. If this is the case, I suggest upgrading hard drive to a 5700 RPM or solid state drive and memory to 8GB and up. Do you know amount and type of hard drive (or SSD) and memory installed in your computer? If you don't know, read the Dell article in link below and please list hard drive / memory.

How to Check the System Configuration on Your Dell System | Dell US

Lastly, other things to try:

- Turn off Fast startup. Some people disable this feature and notice an increase speed in their boot time.

[Windows 10] How to disable Fast Startup in Windows | Official Support | ASUS Global

- Reinstall windows 10. This might help to speed things up in your startup

Note: Please list Dell model number for further assistance. Just type msinfo32 onto search box, stroll down to System model, you should see it now. 

(edited)

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2021 17:00

System Information:

Dell Ispiron 3593

i7-1065G7, 8GB Memory, 1TB HDD

I've asked Dell's support, they remote log in and do some fixes, it performs a little bit better but not good enough comparing to my another more than 10 years desktop pc. I'll do reinstall windows.

Thank you.

6 Posts

December 18th, 2022 11:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop with Win 10 Home installed. My bootup (not Restart) to Desktop time was over 3 minutes. Here's the steps that I did to resolve the long boot time by using Windows Fast Startup built-in feature....

1. Press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard to bring up the Run box. Next type in powercfg.cpl and hit Enter on the keyboard.

2. Within the When I press the power button: settings select Shutdown for the Battery and Plugged in.

3. Within the Shutdown Settings section, confirm that the Turn on Fast Startup setting is check marked. If it's not, go to the top and click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable option and then activate Turn on Fast Startup and Save Changes at the bottom.

4. close the Power Options window.

5. Press and hold the Power button on the keyboard and follow the prompt to Shutdown the computer.

6. After the computer shuts off. Wait 10 seconds and press the Power button. Windows will now load like you expect it too.

7. After the steps above are completed, you can continue to use the Shutdown option on the Windows Start menu. You don't have to keep pressing the Power button when shutting down.

Fyi.... Windows uses the Hibernation/Sleep feature for their Fast Startup feature which is why we performed the steps above.

Enjoy!

Techsent 

6 Posts

December 18th, 2022 13:00

Here's another performance tip....

1. Press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard to bring up the Run box. Next type in sysdm.cpl and hit Enter on the keyboard.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Click Settings... within the Performance section.

4. Within the Visual Effects tab, select Let Windows choose what's best for my computer and then click Apply at the bottom.

5. Click the Advanced tab.

6. Select Background Services (because Windows has so many these days) and then click Apply at the bottom.

7. Click the Change... button.

8. Select Custom Size and enter 900 into both fields. Click the Set button. Click the Apply button at the bottom.

9. Click OK 3 times to leave System Properties.

10. Shutdown the Computer (don't restart).

11. Wait 10 seconds then boot up.

By creating the 900mb Swap file, Windows will use the computer's physical memory first to load data directly from the program that you called for instead of retrieving that data from the swap file on the hard drive which takes much longer.

Enjoy!

Techsent

6 Posts

December 18th, 2022 13:00

Here's an Internet performance tip....

1. Press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard to bring up the Run box. Next type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter on the keyboard.

2. Expand Network adapters.

3. Double click on the Wireless adapter.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Go to Preferred Band and select 5GHz.

6. Go to Throughput Booster and select Enabled.

7. Transmit Power should be set to Highest.

8. Download/install Site Surfer web browser from https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Site-Surfer.shtml

9. Open Site Surfer.

10. Select Preferences/Site Surfer Options.

11. Click the Settings tab.

12. Within the Optimize Speed section, select Cable/DSL (Large).

13. Close the Options and Site Surfer.

14. Shutdown the Computer (don't restart).

15. Wait 10 seconds then boot up.

*Windows will now receive large amounts of web internet data at one time and display it much quicker in your preferred browser. Test out by going to youtube.com. You'll see that videos now load instantly.

Enjoy!

Techsent

1 Message

December 21st, 2022 14:00

Same problem, but it takes over 15 minutes 

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 4th, 2023 22:00

Helpful Video:

February 8th, 2024 14:48

I've found the solution.

You just need to turn on secure boot in bios.

I have the Inspiron 3593 and I've been suffering from this problem for 2 month, and i while i was trying to change some settings in bios ( hopping it might fix it ) the problem got fixed right away !

You'll also need and M.2

No Events found!