Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DA

1 Message

May 30th, 2019 03:00

Slow internet speed 30mbs instead of 200mbs

It took me nearly 2 days to find the cause of my slow internet speed. I found out the issue on the internet, I am not the only sufferer. Dell for whatever reason has installed an App which can malfunction and cause the internet speed to drop. I would call this a benign virus. Dell either need to issue a patch to resolve the problem or delete it from its software package. SmartByte Network Optimizer is the culprit for causing poor WiFi performance. I have now managed to turn off this App. I cannot uninstall this software even with administrator rights. Chris M

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 30th, 2019 06:00

You don't give your system, so be aware, SmartByte is part of the Cinema experience and is used for managing your bandwidth on those systems.

You can normally uninstall it if you go to the Control Panel and Programs and Features but it may reinstall.  I ran a Killer Wireless card with the Killer Control Center once, and found entering your actual ISP speed in the Control Panel settings would cut your Bandwidth by about 75% in a speed test.  I do not know if that drop was because the speed test did not have the priority to get the full speed.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 30th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Do you get any error message when trying to uninstall SmartByte application?

What is the version of the SmartByte application installed?

Please follow troubleshooting steps on this link & & check if the issue persists.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!